SHEQ Manager - Lutterworth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lutterworth, Leicestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
The SHEQ Manager implements, administers and enforces all Health and Safety, Environmental policies, processes and standards required for the depot to operate in accordance with both the laws that govern depot compliance and quality standards.
- Ensure that all requirements of the Health, Safety & Environment policies and standards are met by the depot through influencing and supporting the depot management team.
- Briefing depot teams on updated or new ways of working, standards, how to guides, risk assessments, safe systems of work and QHSE alerts.
- Ensure fire safety standards, tests, drills are adhered to, including equipment and emergency lighting and Fire Risk Assessment Report actions are completed.
- Accountable for completing internal (first party) audits at the depot to support assurance, audits and risk objectives.
- With the support of the appropriate central departments provide guidance to the depot management team to comply with internal and external audits and close out requirements after audit. Works to ensure depot compliance to audit standards through induction training, ongoing development and refresher training as required.
- Monitor standards & audit requirements to ensure compliance, as well as highlight areas of non-compliance to senior depot management and demonstrate a proactive problem solving approach to resolve any areas of non-compliance (BS 18001, ISO 14001, BRC).
- With the support of the appropriate central departments provide advice and guidance on all aspects of site Health, Safety & Environment Standards.
- Deliver and co-ordinate all Health, Safety & Environment Standards and compliance related events/induction to update management team and new employees.
- Work with the depot management team to identify and review compliance key performance indicators and suggest improvements and efficiency's to better meet business/legal requirements.
- Maintain training records and training's for MHE
- Support and Co-coordinator BRC Auditing, following up BRC non conformance.
- Responsible for ensuring the food Safety & Quality Assurance procedures are complied with when performing inspections.
- Support the sites to ensure the attainment of BRC
- Support with document control, corrective and preventative action and trend analysis.
- Work with site representatives to manage quality Management and Operating Procedures including all Hygiene Operations, allergen management and pest control.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A sound working knowledge of company processes and standards within the business and demonstration of practical application.
- Strong knowledge in Health & Safety, Environmental management, Internal and external auditing
- Effective communicator with the ability to persuade and influence senior management.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and positive approach.
- Able to cope under pressure and prioritise demands.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and training courses.
- Customer driven, collaborative and hands-on approach able to identify pragmatic, business-focused solutions to areas of non-compliance.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Ability to interpret and apply safety legislation and policy.
- Ability to analyse customer needs and make recommendations based on sound business knowledge and commercial acumen
- Experience of a fast-moving distribution environment.
- IT literate - Microsoft Office applications.
- Cost management and ability to work within tight budgetary controls