Project Manager RACE
- Are you an experienced Project Manager with a background in engineering?
- Do you have an interest in emerging technology and robotic systems?
- Would you like to be involved in projects supporting the development of the UKs sustainable clean energy future?
Come and join the team at RACE, (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments). We design Remote Handling equipment for fusion and nonfusion applications in challenging environments according to established project methodology
RACE is part of UK Atomic Energy Authority, and together they are working help shape the future of the world`s energy playing a part in our carbonfree energy future.
Youll manage multidisciplinary projects delivering innovative remote handling solutions for industrial clients and for grant funded research. Youll be accountable for the day to day management of the project team, providing leadership to ensure progress is made to plan.
Youll also provide forecasts, cost reports and work to avoid deviations from plan or budget as well as interfacing with external clients.
In your role, youll:
* Manage projects from conception to delivery in line with Culham technical management systems and project governance in line with CCFE project management processes and procedures.
* Compile project costs and plans using inputs from the project team
* Track progress against plan and budget, providing reports to management.
* Motivate and lead a team of engineers
* Coordinate factory acceptance tests, procedural validation, recovery testing and final commissioning.
- Minimum two years experience accountable for technical project delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in the project management lifecycle including strategic planning, concept design, detail design, procurement planning, manufacture testing, maintenance and commissioning of electromechanical equipment.
- Qualification/training in project management skills
- Experience of quality control processes and procurement procedures.
- Strong people skills with proven leadership experience
The role may require travel within Europe
Please note, on this site we are only able to offer contracts on a PAYE or Umbrella basis.
All successful applicants must undertake BPSS clearance.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Posted 4 days ago