Support Worker - Eastleigh | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job Family:Support Worker
Pay Rate (£): per hour
Support Worker *£500 welcome bonus*
Eastleigh, Hampshire - £ per hour
Voyage Care are currently looking to recruit a number of Support Workers into our supported living service in Eastleigh, Hampshire. As a Support Worker with Voyage Care you will be working with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities and mental health needs. You will be promoting independence and supporting them to lead a life that is as fulfilling as possible by enabling them to participate in social based activities and day to day tasks.
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Support if you're looking to progress
- A mixture of in house training and nationally recognised qualifications (such as the level 3 in Health & Social Care) fully paid for by us
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Access to the Blue Light Card
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from now £250-£750 T&C’s Apply
- A driver with their own vehicle is essential for this role
- Flexibility. This is a shift based role that can include working on weekends and bank holidays so flexibility is essential.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
- Prior experience in health and social care is desirable but not essential as we can and will provide full training
What does a Support Worker role look like on a day to day basis:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with all aspects of personal care where required but always promoting as much independence as possible. Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, which can include; shopping, swimming, horse riding, trampolining, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
It is an expectation that all staff are to have had or be part of the Covid- 19 vaccination process unless they can provide an exemption reason”.
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have an in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV’s received are reviewed on a daily basis.
£500 welcome bonus
As well as a rewarding job, we’re offering all new starters a welcome bonus of £500!
(£250 after month 1 and £250 after probation)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Role Specific Requirements -
Driver:Driver with own vehicle
Gender:No Specific Requirement