Finance Manager - High Blantyre | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
High Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Permanent (Full time)
The Finance Manager is an exciting new role based in our Head Office in Hamilton.
The Finance Manager is accountable and responsible for the transactional finance team including all aspects of purchase ledger and billing. The main objectives of this role will be to track and manage to ensure everything is processed on a timely and accurate basis, provide status updates to Associate Director and to be the first point of escalation for the team.
Key duties include:
• To lead and support the team to ensure delivery of all reporting and services to agreed deadlines. To ensure that all reporting is accurate, timely and robust.
• Liaising closely with other colleagues in other departments to achieve set goals.
• Managing each of the finance functions to ensure they meet business objectives.
• Prioritising the workloads of the functions, ensuring cover for sickness & holidays.
• Meeting month end deadlines to allow timely review of the month end results by the Financial Controller.
• Managing bank process, including payments, bank reconciliation and sending daily updates.
• Finalisation of Tax submissions and assisting Group where appropriate.
• Reconciliation of Control Accounts at month end.
• Follow up on any issues identified during month end.
• Production of accruals & prepayments for Overheads.
• Work with the business to deliver the Energetics budget.
• Work with auditors for year-end statutory accounts.
• Provide support to Finance Assistants with technical accounting matters as required.
• Reconciliation of Supplier Rebates.
• Ensure Timely Supplier Statement Recs are completed by appropriate function.
• Produce monthly reports and slide detail for Board Pack as appropriate.
• Provide Support to Finance Controller & Director on an ad-hoc basis.
• Deliver and delegate additional adhoc reports as required by the Associate Director, Finance
• Continual review of processes and systems and implement procedures and controls to improve efficiency and accuracy.
• Act as a coach and mentor to the team and provide best practice advice. Identify development areas for members of team.
• Chair weekly meetings with team to discuss departmental and process issues and ensure action plans are put into place to address these issues, following up to ensure actions are addressed as required.
• Checking the CIS return and reconciliation of the CIS return to payments to Subcontractors.
• Provide information for rolling cashflow.
What we are looking for
* Solid financial and management accounting experience - operational and hands-on approach
* Qualified or part qualified accountant working towards a professional qualification (ACCA, CA, CIMA or equivalent)
* You will have experience leading or supporting a small team and interacting with key stakeholders internal and external to the business.
* demonstrate leadership through a positive approach to coaching and developing your team.
* You will have experience working in periods of change and good financial acumen.
* Strong IT skills, this should include MS Excel and finance packages
* The ability to understand and align business critical objectives to team objectives.
* Excellent problem solver, numerate, inquisitive and comfortable with the use of ambiguous data.
* High level of numeracy.
* Strong communication skills and ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
* Proactive self-starter with the ability to time manage and work on own initiative.
* Highly competent in report building.
* Attention to detail.
What we can offer you
This is an integral role working in a business that is focused on continuous improvement to drive performance and sales. This is a role where you will be able to see first-hand the impact of your work. We have a great office environment, a positive culture and strive to be an employer of choice. We reward our employees well and offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
• Excellent Starting Salary
• Company Bonus Scheme at 15% of annual salary
• 25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
• Holiday Buy Back
• 7% Company Pension Contributions
• Life Assurance
• 4pm finish on a Friday
• Employee Assistance Programme
If you think you have the skills and experience to succeed in the Finance Manager role then please complete the below form and upload your CV