Senior Surveyor/Employers Agent - Maidstone | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Surveyor/Employers Agent
Maidstone, Kent, England
£45000 - £55000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
I’m currently seeking a Senior Surveyor/Employers Agent for a multidisciplinary consultancy in the South East. You will work in a team of EA’s and alongside my clients group leader providing a professional service to prestigious clients while effectively managing build projects worth tens of millions from inception to completion.
My client is a trusted client advisor working in multiple exciting project sectors nationally and has built a reputation for their technical expertise and quality of service within the built environment.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
• Developing a client brief
• Put together the project delivery team
• Secure necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
• Preparation of tender and contract packages
• Carry out various tender processes including (OJEU framework and negotiated)
• Analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals
• Ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled
• Preparing contract engrossment's
• Delivery of projects acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator
• An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector.
• Chair meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans
• Undertaking all day to day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
• An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts.
• An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
• A degree in either Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject
• A minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with Quantity/Building surveying background
• RICS qualified
• Experience in residential development
• Able to communicate well with others
• Collaborate with clients and wider team
• Able to work within a team and autonomously
• Diligent with attention to detail
• Able to think ahead and identify potential problems
• Maintain client relationships and develop new business opportunities
• A keen interest in mentoring junior colleagues