Young Person Practitioner
Up to £20100 per annum
Young Persons Practitioner
Location: 311 Clifton Road,, Aberdeen, City of Aberdeen, AB24 4HN
Contract: Permanent FT (37 HOURS)
Hours: Duty is 9am5pm, Late:1pm9pm, Wakein night: 9pm9am Sleep over and Sleepin shifts are 1pm until 1.30pm the next day (sleep during the hours of 11pm7am)
Interviews will be held w/c 23rd Sept 2019
What the role entails?
As a Young Persons Worker you will build happier lives for children, young people and their families by agreeing and directly delivering interventions in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
This is a care service for young people 16 21 years of age who have been previously looked after in care i.e. local authority children homes, foster care, secured residential homes. We provide accommodation and support in a residential setting with a range of services to meet individual needs in partnership with other agencies to improve the life chances of young people and help support independent living.
How will you make a difference?
- Support and implement care planning for individual and young people.
- Undertaking assessments of needs and assessing and managing risks.
- Supporting children and young people with personal care.
- Administration of medication and clinical procedures.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Emotional and social support.
- Ensuring records and reporting are maintained.
- All records, daily logs to be written up on a daily basis.
- Prepare, manage and build positive relationships to service users to effectively live independently.
What will you need?
- HNC in social care and or SVQ 3
- Registered with SSSC or willingness to do so after appointment in post
- Experience working with children and young people and working with multi agencies
- Experience managing challenging behaviour e.g. looked after children, attachment behaviour
- Knowledge of risk assessment and safeguarding
- Excellent IT skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable childrens lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK childrens charity.
Want to join our team and really make a difference? Dont hesitate,
Please call AnneMarie on######### to discuss your application or interest immediately.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 18 days ago