Group Consolidation Manager - Northampton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Group Consolidation Manager
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
10000.0000 - 130000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Based in the UK - Near London / Some travel to France required
£100k - £130k depending on experience.
Reporting to the deputy Group CFO
- Significant experience in international group consolidation.
- Strong experience with IFRS standards.
- Knowledge of Cognos controller is essential for this role
The role of the Group Reporting Manager is to manage the financial reporting requirements of the Group including consolidations, annual audit process and the provision of technical accounting analysis and guidance. The main duties within this role will include Financial Reporting, Shareholder Reporting, Month-end Reporting, Group Taxation (including deferred taxes and tax proof), and Process Improvement.
- Preparation and review of Group consolidations at various levels for reporting purposes, including monthly management accounts, Shareholder reporting, etc…
- Strong involvement in the year-end audit process, including coordination with the audit team, managing deliverables and responding to queries
- Provide support to the CFO and DCFO with the group's financial reporting requirements to investors on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Preparation of IFRS cashflow statement.
- Provision of guidance on the accurate accounting for acquisitions, disposals, group restructuring and investments in foreign subsidiaries
- Provide support to the CFO and DCFO with external advisor relationships in connection with financial reporting such as external valuers
- Ownership of all technical accounting analysis to ensure compliance with requirements, including preparation of technical accounting papers and provision of technical advice
- Ownership of reserve, financing, and IFRS 16 related accounts ensuring they are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Establish and document all financial reporting policies, procedures and controls
- Identify and implement process improvements within the Group Reporting function, including processes to enable consistent, timely Group reporting.
- Planning and communicating the year-end reporting cycle ensuring reporting and filing targets are set and met on a timely manner.
Given the nature of our clients business; you would need to match the following requirements in order to be considered for this role
- ACA/ACCA/ qualified accountant, with minimum 5 years plus post qualified experience.
- Sufficient experience preparing consolidations at least at a similar level of complexity to a medium to large scale firm.
- Technical accounting experience, particularly in relation to reviewing and implementing changes to accounting standards (. IFRS2, IFRS3, IFRS9, IFRS15, IFRS16 and IAS19, IAS36).
- Experience in coordinating and managing a year-end audit process as one of the main contact with the external auditor; and
- Experience of managing direct reports (current direct report is 3 years PQE, so would like candidate to have at least 5 years PQE)
- Ideally you'd have practical experience within group consolidations, including multi- currency considerations, a strong understanding of accounting for acquisitions and disposals
- You would need experience in managing the requirements of a year-end audit process and would need to be able to identify and implement process improvements within the Group Reporting function.
CORE WORKING HOURS:
- Your hours are effectively those required to perform your function within reason and work outside the above times will be expected as and when necessary.