A commercial Gas Engineer is required to operate within the maintenance team carrying out planned and reactive works in the Birstol area.
The Gas Engineer role will involve PPM, fault finding, reactive and breakdowns, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of boilers and heating system
Applicants should have ACS Commercial qualifications with relevant commercial experience. The applicant must have a good all-round knowledge and understanding of HVCA plant and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core combustion skills.
Dependent on experience
Hours of work
Monday to Friday
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client's needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- To form part of the outside of normal working hours call Rota
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Produce and submit timesheets for approval to deadlines
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments,
- Method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Gas qualifications in:- Comb analysis, gas boilers under and over 70kw, pipework, air heating, water CH, commercial and domestic gas qualifications
- Excellent gas knowledge complete with an industry recognised qualification
- COCN1 or CODNCO1 (Core Commercial Gas Safety)
- CDGA1 (Commercial Direct Fired Heating Appliances)
- CIGA1 (Commercial Indirect Fire Heating Appliances and Equipment)
- CORT1 (Commercial Radiant Tube Heaters)
- ICPN1 (First Fix Commercial Pipework)
- TPCP1 (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1)
- TPCP1A (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A)
- CCN1 or COCDN1 (Core Domestic Gas Safety
- CENWAT (Domestic Central Heating/Water Heaters)
- CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analyser)
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of most major manufactures i.e. Valliant Powermatic, Riello Broag, Combat, Ambi-Rad, Ideal, Potterton, Nu Way and Worcester etc.
- Good all round knowledge of heating systems, fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good plumbing skills.
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients' requirements. Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota. Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- Additional LPG and oil qualifications/experience advantageous
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills Minimum 2 years practical experience within the building industry
What's in it for you?
- Excellent career progression, training and development opportunities
- Discount offers at hundreds well-known high street stores
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee reward scheme
- LifeWorks Employee Care
- Aviva Care App
It's an exciting time to begin a career at Integral UK LTD as it is Britain's Largest and fastest growing national provider of high quality comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings providing planned preventative and reactive maintenance for over 1600 clients in 60,000 locations. We deliver Engineering excellence and a strong partnership culture.
When you work with us, you will be part of the largest national mobile fleet located in every postcode area enabling us to focus a first time fix and a quick and efficient response.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Posted 11 days ago