Chef de Partie
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
£21.5k - 22k per year
Within Newstaff Employment Services we are looking for a experienced Chef De Partie to start within one of our well established Golf Businesses in the area of Welwyn Garden City. They are looking for someone to come in second to their current head chef and kitchen manager. The contract on offer is starting based at 40 hours per week. With the working hours almost never finishing past 8pm and the earliest start being 7am. The role would start of temporary with the hope to progress to a permanent basis, if you like the sight and we get positive feedback the client would look to take you on within their business.
Duties Will include;
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally, responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
We are interested in speaking with any prospective candidates if you could please call us on######### or apply below and a consultant will be in contact with you.
Posted 16 days ago