Analyst - Leatherhead | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Leatherhead, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
Due to growth within our Consulting team, we are excited to offer a fantastic opportunity for an Analyst to join our highly successful and friendly team based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
In the Analyst role some of your duties will include:
- Quantify and estimate market sizes, identify key players and market shares, identify market trends via desk and telephone research
- Ensure statistics are consistent and accurate
- Develop what-if financial and market sizing models
- Format and help devise market research surveys
- Write high-quality commentary including key learning and implications on research conducted
- Develop high-quality graphical representations of data, analyses and learnings
- Present and defend the results of research and modelling conducted
- Define approach and develop costing and pricing estimates on quantitative elements of proposals
- Maintain, update and expand SMI’s internal print, packaging and other market databases. Specifically, generation of data and scenarios using statistical and economic models for reports and consulting projects as required.
We require the following skills, education and experience:
- Experience in sizing markets as a Consulting Analyst is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or economics is advantageous
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate logically, succinctly, precisely and clearly both in written form and verbally
- Data translation and analysis using Excel functionality
- Ability to read financial statements and create economic and financial models from scratch
- Familiarity with Porter’s Five Forces and other industry and market analysis frameworks
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks to hard deadlines
- Two to four years’ experience with the packaging and/or print industries is also advantageous
At Smithers Information we provide strategic consulting, technical consulting, B2B events, market research and publications across 4 brands in 10 different vertical industries.
We are renowned throughout numerous industry areas for our quality, high calibre conferences, and our comprehensive and informative market research reports. We offer independent and expert market insight to allow companies to identify opportunities and grow their business.
In addition to offices in the US, Asia and the UK, the organisation has specialist consultants worldwide.
We actively encourage career development and passionately support those who want to pursue and develop within the Smithers family. We have numerous examples of progression throughout the business and within some of our global businesses are proud that the average length of service amongst employees is a minimum of 10 years.