Community Coach - Devonport | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Devonport, Plymouth, England
£21658 - £23712/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Pluss, part of Seetec Pluss and the Seetec group, is an award-winning Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential. Our employment operations help jobseekers who need the most specialist support to find work. Our enterprise operations run alongside to create direct employment opportunities in a wide range of job roles.
Positive People and Hopeful Families are funded by The European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
Join our team as a Community Coach to support and engage participants with multiple barriers to become involved in community activities to promote health and well-being and to increase their confidence to possibly enter in to training, educations and/or employment.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organised, self-motivated and have knowledge or the ability to research what opportunities or projects there are in the community that would support mindfulness and well-being. These could be opportunities like Forest Schools, healthy eating classes, photography classes, walks etc. You will be engaging and supportive and have experience of working with people with multiple and complex needs.
It’s an exciting time to join this project as you can be effective in partnership working with core delivery partners and specialist partners to reach the wider goals of the project aims and share opportunities to actively promote our vision and values
* Work collaboratively with our Building Better Opportunities Insights Team to encourage participants to engage with community activities and health/wellbeing support available.
* Manage a personal caseload of ‘pre-referrals’, being the initial single point of contact, signposting appropriately to help remove barriers to people achieving their aspirations.
* Conduct welcome/introduction meetings for small groups or individuals, to undertake an initial needs assessment.
* Undertake initial assessments with participants, update records and book follow-up meetings.
* Organise and undertake Positive People activities and events working collaboratively with the Positive People team.
* Act as point of contact, provide telephone/online support.
* Provide timely reviews, ad-hoc support and give advice to enable participants to achieve their goals and aspirations.
* Build good relationships with local community organisations to facilitate the development of natural support for people- including site visits.
* Partnership working with core delivery partners and specialist partners to reach the wider goals of the project aims and share opportunities.
* Marketing activities such as networking, attendance at events and public relations activity in line with the Pluss Marketing Strategy.
Skills and Experience
* Experience and empathy towards people who are disadvantaged and understanding of barriers to employment and participants progression.
* Experience of networking and ability to build strong good working relationships internally, across partnerships and external stakeholders
* Experience of working with people with multiple and complex needs including those from disadvantaged backgrounds, health conditions and disabilities
* Health, wellbeing or voluntary sector experience would be an advantage
* High level written and IT skills in a number of applications including CMS systems, word, outlook, excel and PowerPoint
* Willingness to undertake any relevant training in order to develop within role
Salary: £21,658 0 £23,712 (dependent on experience)
Location: To cover both Plymouth & Torbay
Hours: - 37hrs per week - Monday to Thursday – Friday –
Closing Date: 9 June 2021
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Team
Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity