Technical Project Manager - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical Project Manager
East London, Greater London, England
50000.0000 - 70000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
*Are you a Project Manager with technical bias seeking to make a once in a lifetime real impact?**You could be joining an exciting fast growing start-up that will revolutionise the IoT market through its radical new approach to securing the edge of large scale IoT networks.*
My clients are a UK based start-up enabling real-time communication and narrow AI in full scale industrial systems without the need for an always-on centrally connected system via its edge-based authentication and security platform. Working with one of the UK’s top universities, their platform and patented cryptographic processes enable post-quantum secure interoperability between any devices, is fully decentralised and can even operate in an unsecure channel environment!
They have engaged Edison Hill Search to locate them the services of a Project Manager who is not afraid of technically complex software solutions to support their continued R+D process and client-side POC’s and implementations.
One of the central objectives of the company is to manage the implementation of their product functionality to ensure value to end customers and timely delivery. That’s why they need you, a devoted Project Manager, to be part of their high calibre team. You will also have the exciting opportunity to drive capacity for triaging and handling operational issues and also advance innovative and comprehensive tools and practices.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to manage development priorities (product, executive team, customer facing teams, engineering)
- Project manage all technical aspects of the development projects with the engineering team
- Project manage all technical aspects of POC’s and pilots, working closely across engineering and customer facing teams
- Ensuring the timely flow of requirements, problem solving and removing any blockers for the development teams to maintain delivery schedule compliance and to maximise development velocity and quality
- Actively managing technical risk by proactively identifying risks and developing mitigation plans
- Manage stakeholders, budgets and provide regular status reporting to the executive team
- Developing standard practices, ways of working and processes across product, engineering and customer facing teams for day-to-day activities and NPD
- Clearly document processes and procedures and where possible, automate to simplify and remove complexity
- Coordinate resources to troubleshoot production issues to address technical commitments and boost sustainability
Role Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in this role and a track record of delivering new product development from concept to commercialisation influencing cross functional teams
- Experience of planning and executing complex cloud and on-premises development projects and driving them to a successful outcome
- Strong technical background, full software development lifecycle, ideally with experience in software development, or driving software development teams
- Excellent relationship management skills with strong influencing, facilitation and negotiation
- Experience with Release Management
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Exposure to software management & collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence & Slack and Agile methodologies
- Eye for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work seamlessly across multiple projects at the same time
- Passion for technology
- Start-up experience
- Experience/knowledge of connected devices / IoT
- Good understanding of a broad range of public cloud technologies including knowledge of AWS and Azure
- Experience/knowledge of cybersecurity and cryptography
- Certified Scrum Master
Additional personal details:
- Result-oriented attitude
- Flexibility to travel occasionally where appropriate (when normal service resumes)
- Familiar with remote working in a globally distributed team
- Creativity and analytical aptitude with a hunger to learn
Interested? In the first instance please apply for this opportunity by clicking the apply button, and one of our team will be in touch.
Edison Hill Search are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Search are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.