Commercial Finance Manager - Gravenhurst | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Commercial Finance Manager
Gravenhurst, Central Bedfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Role: Commercial Finance Manager - (Premier Inn F&B)
Function: Finance (F&B)
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. We are currently working remotely like most but do support remote working long term
Employment Type:**Permanent, Full Time**
Salary: £42 - 46K basic + Benefits
In the role of Commercial Finance Manager (Premier Inn F&B) you will work as a business partner within the Restaurants Commercial team, reporting to the Head of F&B Commercial Finance providing financial analysis, insight and support to optimise the F&B offer across our 820+ Premier Inn sites. and associated sales and margin.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our F&B offer and range in Premier Inn is aligned to financial targets specifically focusing on pricing (architecture and price bands), cost of sales, promotional mix and performance, waste and a continued focus to drive simplification to remove process inefficiency and waste.
This is a great commercial finance role, that requires both strong commercial accounting knowledge and the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders and make a real impact as the UK’s largest hospitality brand.
Inside the Role
Maintain effective financial control and develop insight and recommendations that support overall delivery of food menus and associated sales and margin through:
- Financial planning of menus for Premier Inn – insight & challenge throughout planning process and ensure in line with agreed targets
- Implementation of Pricing strategy and policies as part of menu planning process
- Budgeting and forecasting of F&B margin – linked to menu, promotional plans and product cost
- Provide effective and proactive support / challenge for commercial decisions that deliver F&B offer for Premier Inn and associated sales and margin
- Provide Insight and challenge on underlying drivers of menu performance, at dish and category level – impact of price, cost inflation, cost savings and mix on covers, SPH and margin
- Financial control of stock forecasting process to ensure stock outs and waste minimised
- Understand drivers of inflation to incorporate risks or opportunities into future menus regarding pricing or product specification
- Partner with the supply chain team to ensure stock forecasts are accurate to minimise waste at depot and site
We’re open to you
Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
Commercially astute with the ability to understand operational business drivers impacting sales & margin.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify core issues and provide assessments grounded in compelling logic.
Excellent communication both written and verbal with the ability to simplify complex issues
Brilliant stakeholder engagement with the ability to influence up to a senior level and build strong professional relationships.
A background in or knowledge of food/ hospitality industry or FMCG businesses would be beneficial
Times are changing, but our ambition is bigger than ever. This means huge things when it comes to budget and forecasting, and that’s where our Finance team really springs into action. Finding the right answers to drive us forwards. With new concepts launching, new spaces secured and reams of plans in motion, there’s no more exciting time to join than right now. Get to experience career growth that moves as fast as we do, and be part of framing where we’re headed.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
In return for your commitment, we’ve got some great benefits to offer:
- Salary - Up to 30% Bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work