Nurse - Nights
S17 4HE, Dronfield
We are currently looking to recruit a Qualified Nurse to be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support, while promoting independence and choice, to the customers. Directly lead and supervise a team of support staff as required at the respective service, ensure the smooth and efficient management of the respective shift by assessing, prioritising, planning, delegating and monitoring work activities of the support team.
At Valorum Care, we believe that everybody has the right to fulfil their potential and to grow and develop in accordance with their own beliefs, passions and interests. Valorum – which means “value” in Latin – ensure that everybody is valued for who they are as individuals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To be accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating person centred plans for customers, consulting with and involving the customer, as well as relevant others (e.g. family, support staff, health and social care professionals) where appropriate.
- To be responsible for managing a team of support staff including daily & formal supervision, as required.
- To provide and maintain a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes customer independence by leading through example.
- To monitor teamwork areas and work practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
- To contribute to the ongoing assessment of customers, including assessment of new customers, observing any change in their health & wellbeing and ensuring this is managed and recorded in an appropriate & timely way.
- To be responsible for nursing support, ensuring that customers nursing needs are recorded to a high professional standard and to record all information in accordance with Valorum Care procedures & NMC guidelines.
To be responsible for the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
- To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
- To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be advantageous.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse (level 5), being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures.
- Understanding of the NMC code of conduct and relevant practice standards and guidance.
- Any other level of professional development & registration as indicated by purchaser, regulator or Valorum Care dependant on location.
- To have a thorough understanding of assessing clinical and personal support needs and how to write and review comprehensive personalised support plans to include risk assessment.
- To have a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
- To have experience of providing direct personal and social support (to have prior experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous).
- To have experience of supervising a team of staff would be advantageous.
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and participate in the on call rota as required.
It will be evident to us that you have a clear passion for care and do genuinely care for the individuals within our services. We offer a competitive salary; extensive training and we will support you through your journey with Valorum every step of the way.
If you think that you would be a perfect fit for this role, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Posted 16 days ago