IT Support Engineer - West Midlands - This Area Only | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Support Engineer
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for an Engineer to join our established IT Support team. We have an exciting mix of skills and technologies, so this is a great opportunity to gain experience in a busy and growing retail environment.
The right person will gain exposure to Active Directory, Enactor EPOS system, Exchange, multiple IT Security applications, O365, PowerShell, WAN and LAN networking, Windows Server, and a variety of other pieces of software (both externally and internally developed).
This is envisaged as a role for someone creative, intelligent, and self-disciplined. Ideally, the person will be looking to step up from an entry level role, or to gain more retail experience.
We are looking for a candidate who wants room to grow their skills and knowledge, a hunger to perform at a high level, and the opportunity to be exposed to advanced systems and progress as they gain experience.
What**you will**be doing
- Email and telephone support to both shop and head office staff
- Diagnosis of a variety of Incidents, followed by instituting workarounds to get the problem solved in the short term, then resolving fully with long-term fixes (both within the Team and in conjunction with Development/Infrastructure)
- Logging all Incidents in our ticketing system, fully documenting the issue to help reduce repeated reports
- Installation, maintenance, and support of both current and new applications
- Contributing to policies, processes, and procedures
- Prioritising and managing several open cases and mini projects
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are always adhered to
- Escalation of Incidents and requests to relevant teams/departments
- Basic Active Directory/Exchange Administration
- Basic networking configuration and troubleshooting
- Patching, hot fixes and virus updates
- Assisting our Analysts with a variety of escalations
- Assisting our Technicians with Service Requests as the business requires
We would**love to meet someone with**
- Experience in either a Deskside or 1st line support role of at least 2 years
- Ideally excellent GCSEs in Maths/Science/. (Preferably A or AS -levels/ Degree Level)?or equivalent
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Experience in administering ADUC, Exchange, EPOS Systems, and BAU Windows Updates
- Customer relations experience
- Excellent team working skills
- Clear and articulate telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
- Pension scheme
At Mountain Warehouse we have been developing the very best outdoor gear for all the family since 1997.
Unlike other outdoor retailers, we don’t carry lots of different brands. In fact, almost all the products we sell through our stores and website are exclusive to Mountain Warehouse - you won’t find them anywhere else.
Why do we do this? Well, by designing our own top-quality products and having them made to our exacting standards, we can cut out the middleman. So that means you get the exact same quality, but at significantly lower prices than you’ll find at other shops.
We have well located and well stocked stores where you and your family can get straightforward advice from our knowledgeable, friendly staff. In most of our stores you can even bring your dog in too! Everything we do is focused on serving our growing group of customers who like what we have to offer: the best gear, the best service and the best prices.
We would love it if you joined them.