Service Manager - Slough - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Slough - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
UK and Ireland Service Manager
We have a new Service Manager vacancy with a successful and growing medical devices business based in Berkshire, specialising in Respiratory care. Patient outcomes are at the heart of everything they do, and their Service team plays a significant role in providing support to users and technicians who are working in both Primary and Secondary Care.
This is a 'hands on' role, involving servicing, repair and maintenance on customer visits, alongside managing a small Service team.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Manage the Service Department personnel and ensure all their duties are carried out accurately and competently
* To run all aspects of the Service Department at minimum cost, repairing products returned as required, and to charge as applicable in accordance with agreed charges
* To assess and manage the training needs of Service Department personnel
* Deal effectively with all customer enquiries and issues in a prompt, honest, and sensitive manner
* Ensure all contract maintenance is satisfactorily completed in a timely manner
* Ensure all reported product issues are properly and correctly raised on the Company's Product Surveillance Database
* To determine the calibration requirements of the Company's test and measurement instrumentation, and ensure such instrumentation is properly maintained, calibrated and serviceable
* Responsible for product quality and implement/monitor systems to ensure that problems are minimized and assist the Company in providing high quality products
* Monitor issues with products and liaise with NZ product teams as necessary to improve and optimise product performance
* Liaise with the Sales Managers regarding ways which the Service Department can deliver improvements to the service offered to Territory Managers
* Ensure appropriate technical training courses are arranged and delivered in order to assist hospital technical staff in maintaining the Company's products
* To build positive relationships with customers and be committed to the Company's Service Excellence initiative
* Relevant qualification or equivalent transferable experience
* Proven experience in medical device maintenance role
* Sound knowledge of relevant technical standards and regulations
* Good knowledge of NHS environment
* Experience in respiratory medical devices
* Strong basic salary
* Company Car
* Discounted Healthcare
* Group Bonus Scheme