Site Manager - Newport | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Newport, Isle of Wight, England
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Site Manager for an on-going contract role covering Bangor, Anglesy area.
The Site Manager role sits within the project delivery arm of) business reporting directly to the Construction Manager. The department is responsible for the construction of new build, replacement, refurbishment or other associated major transmission projects. The Site Manager will be part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for delivering projects and is the primary on-site representative.
Site Office organisation: ensuring the good working order of site facilities
Coordination of RAMS Review and acceptance/filing- with understanding of the safety/delivery implications
Participant in the Weekly coordination meeting
Coordination of any comms received under CDM as Principal Contractor representative
Take responsibility and willing to understand the relevance between daily activities with wider picture
Support and live SP Energy Works culture on safety
Covering both Bangor and Llanfair PG sites (at the either end of the cable) full, valid driving license and own vehicle (we will pay for the mileage).
Responsible for on-site ownership, providing technical support and advice primarily in relation to electrical aspects of construction stages for transmission projects, the Site Manager will have:
* Knowledge and experience in structure and main plant installation Grid TX's, Auxiliary Earthing Transformers, CB's, PI, CVT, CT's, SA, ES, Pantographs & Disconnector's
* Experience in cable installation, glanding and terminating, protection & control systems, telecoms, earthing, mechanical and electrical interlocking/testing
* Responsibility to proactively monitor and manage contractor's programmes in line with the overall project programme
* Responsibility for safe implementation of the role of the Principal Contractor in line with CDM 2015 for SP Energy Networks. The Site Manager is responsible for co-ordinating all on site activities & review of all pre-task planning
* To ensure compliance with all site environmental legislation and monitor all agreed mitigation
* To ensure compliance with all quality standards and specifications with a particular focus on monitoring of the works using the both the Clients and or Contractors inspection and testing regime this will include control over all material and free issue equipment
* To minimise variations, keeping accurate daily records and reports
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Significant experience in managing transmission construction projects
* Ability to understand electrical design drawings, circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams and all inspection and testing
* Contract management including variations and claims
* Awareness of NEC conditions of contract
* Ability to implement quality assurance and environmental processes
* PC knowledge and application of Microsoft applications
* Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of electrical substations
* Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractors' environment
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
* 3- 5 Years in a similar Site Manager role with significant experience in managing transmission construction projects.
* Strong leadership & planning skills.
* Candidate should have significant experience in all current Health and Safety legislation & understand CDM 2015 regs & duty holder roles most notably in delivering the Principal Contractor role.
* Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractor's environment.
* Essential must have as a minimum five years' experience as a supervisor or site manager delivering the Principal Contractor role and managing multiple contractors in the power sector.
* Preferred NVQ (or equivalent) and or ONC/HNC in Electrical Power Engineering or significant on site experience (5 years minimum), in managing transmission construction projects in the power sector.
* SP Energy Networks authorisations up to 400kV.: EN1, WI2, SB2
* Excellent IT skills.
* Current five days SMSTS or equivalent.
* First Aid is essential- At work and or Emergency FA.