Junior Technologist - East London | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years. It was bought in July 2012 by former Dragon’s Den investor Theo Paphitis, owner of the Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and the London Graphic Centre.
The 90+ stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.
We are a people oriented Company which thrives on supporting its colleagues by providing them with the knowledge, tools, policies and procedures they need to excel in their role. We are committed to providing our colleagues with development opportunities, job satisfaction and of course some fun whilst working!
To support the Technical Manager in the day to day administrational duties ensuring tasks outlined below are completed to deadlines efficiently and accurately.
**Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day administration and assisting the smooth running of the department
- Weekly and monthly returns reporting and investigations
- Test reports & declarations of conformity management
- Chasing internal and external stakeholders for information
- Valpak data management - waste electricals, packaging and battery waste (quarterly)
- Maintaining product issues & customer complaints log
- Competitor shop both in store and online - quality, benefits & features, packaging and labelling
- Collating data and samples for store & customer services queries
- Assisting with BVOS launch and management thereafter
- Assisting with supplier and factory audits
- Supporting the technical manager with training internal and external stakeholders on departmental processes and procedures
- Raising new risk assessment (sealing) forms prior to product assessment
- Assisting with sample approvals and checking production against approved samples. Checking that all compliance requirements are met
- Monitoring the MSDS’s and ensuring the haz code allocated is accurate; and if dangerous it is flagged and monitored under the weekly suspicious transactions report.
- Manage sample packaging & labelling from internal and external stakeholders
- Request product samples for technical review and testing - internal depts, customer complaints, DC, store, supplier etc.
- Check the New SKU list and highlight any high risk products - training will be provided
What we would like to see in you
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident in communicating and developing relationships with internal and external sources
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong Excel skills - data merge & reporting
- Influencer - both internally and externally
- Passion for product and an interest in retailing, problem solving and innovation.
- A willingness to learn and improve and have a 'hands on’ approach.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills