£26000 - £34000 per annum + BENEFITS
Salary up to £32,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Structural Engineer (3 years plus) to join a successful, wellestablished Civil and Structural Consultancy based in Cambridge. You will be working under the direction of a senior team to produce design calculations in all contemporary building materials with a bias towards residential and commercial builds. You will be supporting the team in the successful delivery of quality designs. In reward for your hard work you will be offered support to become Chartered, a generous starting salary plus benefits.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of this Structural Engineer role include;
- Working efficiently to produce design calculations in all main materials (concrete, steel, masonry & Timber) in support of the project team. Calculations are to be undertaken by hand and computer design programme as instructed by seniors.
- Good understanding of Structural Principles and knowledge of material properties and strength.
- Preparation of progress report for Senior Engineers.
- Assist with preparation of specifications and working drawings.
- Preparation of design reports and drawings for Building Control Submission.
In order to be considered for this Structural Engineer role you will;
- Have gained a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years experience within an engineering consultancy
- A passion for building structures
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Revit desirable but not essential
- Display a hardworking and proactive approach to work
Personal Attributes would include;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Ambition to learn, develop and progress
- Ability to work methodically, efficiently and accurately
- Works well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Effective time management and able to organise/prioritise own workload.
- Flexible to achieve deadlines
- Have a can do attitude.
In order to discuss this Structural Engineer role and other similar roles within Building Structures please call MIKAELA on or email your CV to #########
Posted 27 days ago