Lead Quality Inspector - Romford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead Quality Inspector
Romford, Greater London, England
40000.0000 - 45000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lead Quality Inspector to join our global organisation offering excellence in manufacturing solutions for the aerospace market.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure the delivery of inspection processes ensuring that product conforms to design data as well as customer and AS9100 requirements.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing the team, setting functional targets, delegation of workloads and providing guidance and coaching on and issue resolution.
About the Company
With over 40 years’ experience, XCEL Aerospace is a leader in delivering manufacturing excellence within the global aerospace market. Our strong reputation as a world class supplier of manufactured aerospace components supports thousands of flight hours every year.
We support customers to reduce supply chain risk by providing high quality components and assembly parts, on time, in full and at competitive prices. We support our customers to perform and grow, and together we deliver excellence.
We are growing, so are looking for like-minded individuals who share our vision to deliver excellence in all that we do.
If you are looking for an exciting and dynamic working environment and a rewarding career then we would like to hear from you!
- Verify the conformity of parts assemblies and sub assemblies in line with engineering drawings, quality management sytems and customer specifications
- Responsible for comprehensive completion and auditable traceability of inspection records
- Support production with the timely verification of batch first off and the introduction of the Approved Operator Processes
- Create and compile First Article Inspection reports to the customer and the current revision of AS9102
- Identify and report non-conformities as per company procedure including Root Cause Analysis, problem solving, containment and corrective action.
- Managing, motivating, coaching the team ensuring that all KPI’s are met and exceeded
- Responsible for identifying any necessary resource for the team, including tooling and equipment capability and maintenance
- Ensuring Team Training needs are met
- Responsible for conducting and maintaining all risk assessments
- Actively promote a safe working culture within the business
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience within the aerospace/aviation sector is paramount.
- Proven background in a Quality / Inspection capacity.
- Experience of CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine) operation and programming techniques is essential
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and coach a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills - with the ability to deal with stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds
- Ability to interpret and understand technical data including customer drawings, specifications and FAIR drawings
- Knowledge of Goods Inward Inspection of finished products / components
- Experience in dealing with external customers and Suppliers
- Experience of inspecting precision components ensuring adherence to drawing requirements
- Experience of using and setting a wide variety of direct inspection gauges and measuring equipment
- Working knowledge and understanding of 6S principles and objectives
- Highly numerate - ability to make measurement calculations
- Able to read and accurately interpret engineering detail and assembly drawings, metric and imperial
- Extensive knowledge of GD&T requirements
- HNC/ONC or City and Guilds in Engineering is advantageous
In return we are offering
- A highly competitive salary of £40-45k pa dependent on skills knowledge and experience
- Benenden Healthcare - employee contribution scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 23 days holiday increasing to 26 days in the fifth year of employment.
- Life Assurance (four times salary)
- Pension Scheme Contributory - company contribution 3%
- Whirlpool Discount Scheme
- On site parking
If you feel you have the right attributes and skill set and want to find out more about this role, please click apply today!
All our vacancies are handled by our internal recruitment team and therefore any unsolicited CV’s will not be accepted and/or any Agency Terms of Business are expressly rejected.