Analyst - Cambridge | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Analyst - Band 1 (Food Contaminants)
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
- Job Title: Analyst - Band 1 (Food Contaminants)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: hours per week
- Job Location: Cambridge
- Remuneration: As an Analyst, you’ll receive a salary of between £19,000 and £19,500 per annum, depending on experience level, plus you’ll benefit from a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As an analyst you’ll be responsible for developing skills in a range of analytical processes and require some supervision of scientific activities. Gaining a basic understanding of the regulations and the science behind analytical techniques. Analysts will begin a training programme starting with the safe use of general laboratory equipment . balances, syringes etc., understanding the correct use of PPE, potential hazards and laboratory housekeeping.
- Under supervision from the section manager be responsible for running their designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording.
- Under supervision from the section manager be responsible for the maintenance and the record keeping of Instrumentation, keeping the instrument and its area clean and tidy
- Be compliant with SOP's and QP's and associated changes to this documentation.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Preparation of primary stock, working and daily solutions.
- Update and maintain your training record.
- Monitor the system for stock control of items used.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need recent experience working in a laboratory environment ideally food testing.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Relevant scientific degree or experience.
- Knowledge of Quality systems is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- High level of attention to detail
- Interest in science
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.