Assistant Project Manager - Dewsbury | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Project Manager
Dewsbury, Kirklees, England
18000.0000 - 25000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
The Standard Patent Glazing Co Ltd was founded in 1902, we are the longest established, largest and most successful Patent Glazing Company in the UK, thereby making us the recognised market leaders in this field.
We remain dedicated specialists in the design, manufacture and installation of Roof Patent Glazing systems, Skylights and Lanterns for contracts anywhere in the UK.
We have installed millions of square metres of Patent Glazing throughout the decades and examples of our finished work can be seen on many of today's prestigious buildings, railway stations and shopping centres.
Our Company has successfully obtained Industry, H&S, Environment and International quality standard accreditations which in-turn provide our external stakeholders with confidence and assurance.
We are actively looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our skilled Team to help deliver on the most demanding and largest patent glazing projects in the UK.
About the Role:
Hours of work will be from 08:30am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday 08:30am to 16:00pm Friday. Overtime will be required and paid as there will be a requirement to travel nationwide with the occasional overnight stay.
You will help the Contracts Manager ensure each project is delivered efficiently, on-time, to specification and in a cost effective manner. You must be able to maintain performance in line with the company's business plan and objectives.
Within your role as Assistant Project Manager you must also attend sites to attend pre-start meetings, undertake site survey activities and produce H&S site audits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Below are a number of duties that will be required to be completed by the Assistant Project Manager:
- Correlate projects received from sales through to completion
- Ensure that all steps are taken to successfully complete projects in a timely manner with realistic and achievable time frames for procurement, production and installation
- Running multiple projects simultaneously
- Oversee all works and run a clean functioning site
- Liaising and constantly communicating with site management
- Maintain relations with main contractors and attend regular meetings on site
- Be dedicated and willing to put in the hours required, to achieve results and deadlines
- Maintain operational efficiency, ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all
- Prepare H&S plans, method statements & risk assessments
- Attend site to obtain working sizes and organise logistics
- Produce site survey reports outlining survey activity
- Complete PQQ’s
Key Skills & Experience
- Must have a background within the fenestration industry
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both verbal and written
- Good understanding and experience of working in the glazing industry
- Computer literate. Must be able to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Great attention to detail
- Must have a full driving license
- CSCS Card
- NVQ in a glazing competence
- SMSTS - Desirable
Why should you apply?
- Bonus scheme
- Great holiday entitlement
- Excellent education development opportunities
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Poole vehicle provided
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience in and job titles including: Quantity Surveyor, Contracts Manager, Site Management, Construction, QS, Building Manager, Contracts, Construction Manager, Construction Project Manager, Freelance Project Manager, Construction Project Engineer, Construction Management, Property Maintenance Project Manager, Site Manager, Maintenance Manager, Estimator may be considered.