General Operative - Milton Keynes - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Milton Keynes - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Annual salary: up to £20,
Full Time - Permanent – Up to £20,000 per annum, depending on experience – Plus company van & fuel card
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a General operative to join our repairs and maintenance division.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK’s leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm’s Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced general operative to join our rapidly expanding team to work within a busy environment. In the position you will cover a range of duties across the business to support contract delivery, whilst complying with all policies and procedures to ensure safe working.
What you need to have:
- Experience of working within Building Construction and Maintenance Industry.
- The ability to assist operatives on two-man jobs with the responsibility for waste management
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of skills, technology and safety procedures for ongoing tasks
- The ability to understand and interpret work instructions and drawings.
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary - £20,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- 20 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please contact Tom Noble – at Mears Group, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.