Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Manor Hospital is a Grade II listed Manor House situated in the peaceful village of Biddenham with a small family friendly team of dedicated staff.
It is situated in a rural location with a local bus service to the market town of Bedford and within 20 minutes' walk to the Train Station facilitating a regular train service to London. We can also offer accommodation for suitable candidates and our salaries are comparable locally.
We encourage all staff to develop their knowledge and competence by provide opportunities for career progression.
The hospital has 19 single En-suite bathrooms, 6 Consulting rooms, Endoscopy Suite, Operating Theatre, Health Screening / Private GP Service, Minor Ops room and Imaging services including Mammography and Ultrasound, Pharmacy.
We are predominately a surgical unit which covers most specialties for patients of 19 years and above.
Our Patient Satisfaction scores are always positive and we pride ourselves in the excellent feedback received.
We are proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC affirming our commitment to put patient care at the heart of absolutely everything we do.
We have an opportunity for a Porter to join their team of staff in the Hotel Services department.
This is a PART time role for 9 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern which will include evenings and alternative weekends.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Must have good customer service skills and good telephone skills
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake a range of general and ad hoc tasks on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of the site such as patient, equipment, and goods (e.g., pharmacy goods) movement
- Explain hospital facilities and services to patients and family members when escorting people to rooms or other hospital areas
- Provide a courteous service to internal and external customers
- Ensure patient comfort and dignity are maintained at all times
- Where applicable, assist in supporting patients in and out and of vehicles when arriving or leaving the hospital
- Provide help and guidance to patients, relatives and visitors requiring assistance
- Undertake as required any miscellaneous ad-hoc portering requests from the departments and wards to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Laura Iaciofano on#########
Posted 9 days ago