Beverage Quality Team Lead - Middlesbrough | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Beverage Quality Team Lead
Permanent (Full time)
CK Group are recruiting for a Quality Team Lead to join a beverage manufacturing company at their site based in Middlesbrough on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client strives to create the best quality drinks. In addition to creating a range of brands, they also specialise in consulting other business and retailers to help create and produce products. With over 30 years' excellent service, they have produced award winning items and high-class customer satisfaction. They are now recruiting for a Quality Team Leader to manage the effective day to day running of the laboratory while also working closely with production teams to ensure that all product safety, legal and quality requirements are met. This person will have a small number of direct reports and occasional travel will be required. The company offers a salary up to £30,000 depending on skills and experience. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension, private medical, healthcare and death in service. This role will be partly office based and partly factory/ lab based overseeing trials, any issues on the line, etc. and reports to the Technical Manager.
The Beverage Quality Team Lead is based at the company's Middlesbrough site which is easily accessible by road from Redcar, Stockton, Billingham, Darlington, Sedgefield and surrounding areas.
Beverage Quality Team Lead Role:
Your main duties will be:
• Responsible for the correct functioning of the laboratory including availability of equipment and training of staff.
• Ensure calibration of all laboratory and production equipment is carried out and up to date records maintained.
• Collation and monitoring of all results produced by the laboratory, and issuing of product specifications to the laboratory.
• Ensuring that a production process is halted if a process is deemed to be out of specification until the operation can be corrected.
• Assisting with Supplier NCR reporting and actions as well as assisting with Customer Complaint investigations.
• Positive release of finished product.
• Participate in retailer and third party audits.
• Assist in managing investigations into product safety, quality and legality and implementing corrective actions.
• Work closely with the factory leadership team to continuously improve quality on site.
• To provide cover in the laboratory when needed.
• Be prepared to challenge, check, change and communicate current and future processes to achieve best in class status.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
-Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject such as chemistry etc. Significant industry experience may be considered in lieu of this
-Proven industry experience gained both in the quality lab and in the factory in a food and/ or beverage manufacturing facility
-Knowledge of using densitometers, performing distillations, acidity testing, pH, microbiology etc. would be advantageous
-BRC experience would be beneficial as would experience of people management
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 50769