Frontend Engineer - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
£65000 - £85000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Front-End Engineer x3
Unify are super excited to be working with an innovative London based consultancy, who are a cloud-based platform which removes traditional complexities of professional video production and Distribution, to bring in 3 wicked Front-end Engineers.
Our client is trusted by major publishers and rights holders such as ITV, BT Sport, EA Sports, World Rugby, The BRIT Awards, The Television Academy, The English Football Association (FA), UFC, AELTC Wimbledon and many more. Our platform integrates with the major social platforms - including Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Twitter, and YouTube. They are also a preferred global partner for Facebook Live.
Our client is dedicated to making sure you are happy and committed during your time with them. This is achieved by pushing the platform and the team to use the latest technologies and to give you a whole new set of responsibilities. You will be responsible for your products end to end, from design and architecture to releasing and supporting in production. This way it is guaranteed that you will be engaged, challenged and more importantly: that you can make the difference.
As a Front-End Developer with my client; you will be involved with building a browser-based video editing tool (similar to Premiere Pro or Final Cut), building beautiful and reusable UI components, and overcoming functionality challenges found in our web applications.
React, ES6, mobx, mobx-state-tree, styled-components, , WebSocket, WebRTC, WebGL, webpack, babel, jest, , AWS S3, Cloudfront, Fargate, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, CircleCI, Jenkins… - these are a few of the state-of-the-art techs you will work with.
To make sure you keep growing your knowledge around tech, you will be provided with professional development opportunities like Hackathons, Tech hours, and have a development budget and pair programming days to improve our automated testing culture.
Responsibilities in the role:
* Building video tools in-browser
* Define a strategy to perform code migrations to modernise our platform
* Taking ownership of your work, if you build it, you will maintain it and keep on improving it
* Helping to set up code standards and processes within the Front-end Chapter
* Experience and passion mentoring engineers
* Hire and mentor new engineers, maintaining a culture of innovation, teamwork and self-improvement
* Work within a dynamic & international environment with an agile working culture using methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience with a front-end framework, is our preferred option
* Writing readable and testable code
* Worked in an agile environment and like to cooperate with different teams
* Experience developing rich web applications
* Plus a bonus would be having an understanding of digital video or video editing/production tools.
Benefits in the role:
* Personal development budget and training material
* Bi-annual hackathons, security days and tech hour on Wednesday
* Quarterly performance reviews
* Flexible working hours
* Work from home options
* Ride to work scheme
* Free breakfast, Friday happy hour and monthly company lunch
* 25 days holiday and additional unpaid holiday week
* Awaydays and Christmas party
* Sponsored monthly social events
* Book library
If technology gets you going in the morning, then you are in the right place! Get in touch ASAP and let's get the ball rolling.