Senior Production and Warehousing Operative - Nailsworth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Production and Warehousing Operative
Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
HOURS: – Monday – Friday – 40 hours per week
START DATE: Immediate
Job: Senior Production and Warehousing Operative
To achieve high standards in powder manufacturing, product filling, order packing, goods in and out and warehousing through strong teamwork skills, in order to meet customers high expectations.
Numeracy, understanding of weights and measures and use of scales, legible handwriting, competent computer use, forklift truck competence and understanding of quality control needs. Reach truck licence useful but not essential.
Physically strong and able, a co-operative, can-do attitude and strong work ethic, attention to detail, adherence to procedures and a desire to help the company excel.
1. to fill powder and liquid bulk products into pots, bottles and bags in line with procedure for weight, labelling and completion of quality control documentation
2. Quality control checks of weights and batch details of manufactured mixes
3. To manufacture powder/feed products and develop knowledge and familiarity with ingredients and procedures to manufacture products with an instinctive eye to quality.
4. to pack customer orders according to quality control procedures and differing requirements for certain products, different couriers, and UK or export protocols.
5. to print product labels for finished products using the production computer and specialised printer
6. to complete manufacturing/filling/goods inwards paperwork to an accurate standard and learn to update same on the Sage accounts system
7. to accept goods inwards in line with procedures and warehouse all items in a logical and generally agreed layout, involving use of forklift truck (reach truck)
8. to monitor supplies of ancillary items, ., printer cartridges, labels, sealing kits and advise when re-ordering is needed in a timely manner.
9. to maintain a clean facility, involving daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal routines and regular disposal of rubbish
10. to assist other team members to meet time and volume challenges.
11. to interact with staff from other sections of the business and accept instructions from them on day-to-day operational matters in order to meet customer needs.
12. to provide feedback to Supervisor/Production Manager on how things are running and any issues needing resolving.
13. to bring to your Supervisor’s attention any quality control issues of concern and actively look for any improvements to process that could be considered in the spirit of a culture of continuous improvement.
14. develop into an experienced team member who can help ensure the efficient and effective running and maintenance of the production facilities and step into the Team Leader role when that person is not present.
15. assist with handyman jobs and general property maintenance.
16. any other duties as may be required.
The company believes all staff should work co-operatively with other staff to achieve the aims of the business and provide excellent customer service. Teamwork is essential. Striving to improve is essential. Expecting systems and methods to steadily evolve, improve and change is fundamental.
3 months’ probation, during which 2 weeks’ notice; thereafter 1 months’ notice