Employee Compliance Co-ordinator
Darlington, County Durham, England
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare's Woodlands Hospital is a fantastic place to work. Located at Morton Park in Darlington, just off the A66, the hospital is easily accessible by road with free on-site parking. BMI Woodlands provides a range of inpatient, outpatient and day-case specialties including orthopaedic, spinal, urology, ENT, gynaecology and ophthalmology. With 37 beds comprising 22 en-suite bedrooms, 11 short stay beds and 4 close observation beds, the hospital also has 2 operating theatres with laminar flow and an endoscopy day case theatre. We are proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC which affirms our commitment to put patient care at the heart of absolutely everything we do.
We have an opportunity for an Employee Compliance Co-ordinator to join our team of staff in the Business Administration department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent personal organisation skills and attention to detail; ability to perform routine tasks quickly and accurately
- PC literate with an excellent knowledge of MS packages, particularly Word and Excel.
- Able to handle work of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Excellent 'all round' communication skills with emphasis on interpersonal communication.
- The ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers at all levels - to be able to take a firm yet diplomatic approach where necessary whilst acting tactfully and demonstrate empathy
- Organisation and time management skills with the ability to 'think on your feet' in a pressurised environment
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to present solutions to problems raised
Duties of this role include:
- Lead and maintain a professional, efficient and effective process to ensure that accurate and compliant records are maintained in relation to staff within BMI Woodlands hospital.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained on BMI's systems to demonstrate that all staff working in the hospital are doing so in line with current legislation and CQC/ HIS/HIW best practice. This will include:
- Ensuring that DBS/ PVG checks have been carried out in line with current CQC/ HIS/HIW and BMI policy;
- Ensuring that all clinical staff have a current registration with the relevant professional body;
- Ensuring that documentation is held on file for each individual to evidence their right to work in the UK, and that this is updated as appropriate for individuals with limited leave to remain in the UK;
- Ensuring that all new recruits have been certified as fit to work by Occupational Health prior to their employment commencing.
- Ensure that all filing related to employees is stored securely and is sent to EDM for scanning on a regular basis, and in line with current BMI policy
- Review and analyse the data in the monthly dashboard reports and act upon it /bring it to the attention of the relevant manager to act upon
- To process all new and existing DBS/ PVG applications in line with CQC/ HIS/ HIW guidelines (Care Quality Commission/ Health Improvement Scotland).
- Act as the link between the People Service Specialists at the People Administration Desk (PAD) and the hospital
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive starting salary. Employee benefits for contracted staff also include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Private health insurance, discounted gym membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our "Perks at Work" scheme - we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Debbie Dobbs on#########
Posted 6 days ago