Deputy Manager - Ringway | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Ringway, Greater Manchester, England
£22 - £24.50/annum incl. benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Burger King Manchester Airport
Joining SSP as a Deputy Manager in one of our exciting global brands is a challenge that offers great benefits and opportunities to grow and, the chance to take your career to a whole new level within SSP.
* You will use your previous branded management experience to provide crucial direction and leadership to your team, supporting the General Manager in all aspects of managing the daily operation of a busy, quick service and high volume food business.
* You will be responsible for every aspect affecting the P&L - driving sales and controlling costs, whilst upholding the outstanding levels of customer service and operational standards for which SSP are renowned.
* You will be managing a team of up to 35 (including Team Leaders), coaching, mentoring and motivating them to develop their skills and provide exceptional levels of service.
* You will also be passionately ensuring the quality of products served to our customers exceeds their expectations and meets strict 'brand' standards, carrying out various checks and audits of your processes and procedures.
* Life at the airport isn't '9-5'. You'll be someone who enjoys the flexibility of working shifts which can start early or finish late (over a rota, covering trading hours of 20hrs/day). This is a full time role, which is 40 hours per week (8 hrs per day) working any 5 out of 7 days.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have
* Previous experience of managing a diverse team of people in a high-volume, fast-paced, branded restaurant or similar quick service food environment.
* Knowledge of the standards and structured processes required to work within a brand with good audit / mystery customer results to show for it.
* An awareness and previous experience of the financial controls required when running a unit - GP, labour and waste controls, driving sales, speed of service and ATV.
* Proven experience in coaching and developing your team to deliver against financial and operational targets.- A passion for delivering great customer service and exceeding expectations.
What's in it for you?
In return for your skills and experience, we offer you:
* rewarding and vibrant working environment,
* real and achievable career opportunities, excellent training and development to enhance your existing skills
* You'll receive salary of up to £24,500 . plus bonus incentive,
* pension scheme,
* 28 days holiday,
* life assurance,
* discounted meals,
* discounts off SSP brands and numerous other retailers and services,
* cycle to work scheme
* and lots of opportunities to develop your career in to different brands or more senior management roles, with our award winning and accredited management development programmes.
SSP is the leading dedicated operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide, serving millions of customers every week. You'll recognise our brands such as Upper Crust, Millie's Cookies, Caffe Ritazza, Delice De France and we also franchise with high street brands running operations for Marks & Spencer Simply Food, Burger King and (licensed) Starbucks. This means lots of exciting career opportunities for you!
Every day, more than 11 million guests visit BURGER KING® restaurants around the world. And they do so because our restaurants are known for serving high-quality, great-tasting, and affordable food. Founded in 1954, BURGER KING® is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER®, our commitment to premium ingredients, signature recipes, and family-friendly dining experiences is what has defined our brand for more than 50 successful years.
To comply with airport security regulations and to obtain an 'airside' security ID pass, all successful candidates will need to provide references covering the past 5 years and undergo a criminal record check.
Join us as a Deputy Manager and you'll not only be running a large successful operation, but will also be part of a bigger SSP management team operating other successful brands within the same site and have great career development opportunities for the future