Fiennes House - Wellington | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Wellington, Somerset, England
£8.95 - £9.10/hour
Unspecified (Part time)
Job title: Support Worker
Salary: £(phone number removed) - £17745
Full UK driving license is preferred but not essential.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to make a real difference to people’s lives?
Are you resilient, Committed, and passionate?
Who do we support?
At Fiennes House we are a forward thinking residential home, always striving to improve and find better ways of doing things. We are an established staff team who share a passion for making a difference to the people we support in whatever way we can.
We provide 24/7 support to twelve people we support, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts between 07:00am - 22:00pm, nights, alternative weekends and Bank Holidays.
When we asked Danny (someone we support) what he likes, he said:
I’m Danny, I’m 38. I have cerebral palsy and use a wheelchair, I have limited movement with my arms. I communicate using a liberator which is like a computer, I type what I want to say and it will then speak what I have written. I like being independent but I do need help and encouragement to achieve this. I can with your support make myself a cup of tea, smoothie and cook my own meal. I like going to the pub, clubbing. I am looking for someone upbeat, who is patient, a good listener with a good sense of humour.
What are we looking for:
* Open mindedness, empowering equality for the people we support
* Initiative to motivate and guide someone to achieve their potential
* Thinking outside the box and imaginative solutions to breaking down barriers
* Commitment to continuous learning and personal growth
* Previous experience in social care is desirable but not essential as full training provided
What we can offer you:
* Full training
* Excellent career progression and development opportunities
* 28 days Annual Leave, increasing each year up to 36 days
* Discounts/cashback including supermarkets, retailers and more
* Season ticket travel loan
* Access to eye tests
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Access to our Employee Assistance Program, providing support and guidance whenever you need it most
* Refer a Friend Bonus (£600) T&C’s apply