Specialist Mentor - Cambridge | 29155 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
£25 - £30 per hour + Dependant on Experience
Prospero is currently looking to recruit Mentors to work on a 1:1 basis with students with mental health conditions and or disabilities. You will provide specialist support to help address barriers to learning created by your student's particular impairments. As each student is impacted differently your approach will be individual and bespoke to best help your students.
As this is a professional and regulated role any interested candidate must be a member of at least one of the below professional bodies:
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- Association of Christian Counsellor (UK) - Accredited Counsellor
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Individual or Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) - Under a member institution
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/IAPT register/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Accredited Member
- Federation of Drugs & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Psychiatry
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
- Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP) Accredited Member
- Mental Health & Addictions Nurses (UMHAN) Member
- National Counselling Society (NCS)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - Mental Health Nurse/ community Mental Health nurse / Psychiatric Nurse.
- Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Full Clinical Individual Member
All applicants must hold a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake such a check.
What the roles involve and how you will help the students:
- Cope with stress and anxiety
- Build confidence and Social skills
- Deal with concentration difficulties
- Develop Time management skills & workload prioritisation
- Identify barriers to their learning and develop strategies so they can work independently
What we require from you:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt working style to suit each student
- Exemplary organisation and time management skills
- Passion for supporting students to achieve their goals
For further information or to register your interest, please "click apply" to submit your CV for our perusal.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...