NCS Contract Manager
At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 60,000 individuals from cradle to career. Our work spans education, social justice and rehabilitation, children's social care, family support, social action and getting people into work.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a flagship policy at the heart of the government’s vision for building a Big Society. The programme brings together 16-17-year-olds from different backgrounds in a summer programme which includes adventure, discovery and meaningful social action. NCS aims to support participants’ personal and social development and help them develop the confidence, skills and attitudes they need to take on active roles in their communities and develop themselves for their own future.
We are looking for a Stockport-based National Citizen Service (NCS) Contract Manager. As Contract Manager, you will be responsible for the Catch22 NCS programme (https://www.catch-22.org.uk/ncs-partners/) in the Cheshire East, Oldham, East Manchester, Stockport and Tameside areas. This will include managing participant and staff recruitment and operational performance of the programme.
For more detail on the roles in this team, please see these job adverts:
- NCS Programme Lead (http://smrtr.io/3nv8X)
- NCS Senior Engagement Officer (http://smrtr.io/3nw4y)
- NCS Engagement Officer (http://smrtr.io/3nvQ3)
As Contract Manager, your main duties will include:
- Performance managing service delivery
- Developing a robust regional plan for participant recruitment, recognising the different engagement routes whilst considering the different circumstances of young people and how that will affect their engagement.
- Managing and directing the work of the participant recruitment team and having strategies in place to deal with underperformance efficiently and effectively.
- Implementing Catch22 national Staff recruitment strategy and exploring local avenues for staff recruitment to ensure that staffing requirements are met.
- Directly line-manage NCS programme officers
- Auditing seasonal staff training
- Managing budgets
For a full list of duties for this role, **please see the job
To be successful in this role you will need to be highly organised, financially competent, have a broad range of operational and managerial experience, and be able to develop and maintain effective partnerships with a variety of stakeholders in the region and nationally.
In addition, we are looking for:
- A professional qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Education, Counselling, Health, or Sports
- Experience of managing and overseeing matters of safeguarding including identification and reporting of child protection concerns, risk and data management
- Experience and understanding of recruitment processes for both permanent and sessional staff
- Significant experience of staff management including, supervision target setting and managing performance
- Ability to manage and monitor complex budgets
- Experience of successful fund-raising and preparing bids
- Knowledge of developing and managing projects in the public, private or voluntary sectors
For a full list of requirements for this role, **please see the job
We are looking to appointment to this role as quickly as possible and will close this job off to new applicants when we have enough suitable candidates to interview. We, therefore, encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Posted 10 days ago