Pastry Chef de Partie
Llandudno, Conwy, Wales
£20k - 23k per year
We currently have an immediate requirement for a Pastry Chef de Partie for an incredibly impressive country castle hotel near Llandudno, North Wales. The venue is situated in 200 acres of land in the beautiful Welsh countryside. We are looking for a Chef de Partie with pastry based experience in a similar establishment or a committed junior chef who is looking to get a fantastic culinary education under the venues talented team of award winning chefs.
We are proud to recruit on behalf of our client who operates a 4-star, Welsh Country House hotel with just over 30 rooms, 4AA Red Stars and 3AA Rosette restaurant. The restaurant offers an exquisite seasonal menu made up of locally sourced British produce, a breakfast through to dinner service every day, full of a variety of high-end dishes made to order. The hotel offers a busy afternoon tea during the day and is also the host of a large variety of special occasions such as weddings, corporate events and celebrations.
We are looking for an ambitious chef looking to work under an experienced chef in a high standard and innovative environment. This is a great learning opportunity through experience, but candidates will be expected to be self sufficient and capable to work on their own initiative.
The job role involved all aspects of the hotel catering but will include:
- All aspects of hotel bakery and pastry: breads, desserts, garnish, bakery, ice creams and sorbets, sugar work.
- Busy afternoon tea operation demands cake baking, decorating cakes and pastries for service.
- Will be expected to work on other sections as and when business demands.
- Working together with the team to deliver a flawless service
- Using fresh ingredients to make excellent quality food with a wow factor
- Implement Health & Safety legislation and COSHH at all times
- Uniform Provided
- £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
- Live in available
- 5-day working week
- Meals on Duty
- Company Benefits
- Fantastic tips split equally between the team
- Excellent training given with modern kitchen equipment to gain beneficial techniques
As a Pastry Chef de Partie you'll have the opportunity to gain experience and build your knowledge working across all areas of the kitchen and will be key in supporting the Head Chef in a range of duties. This role will give you the opportunity to enhance your all round cooking skills.
- Will demonstrate a passion for quality and attention to detail
- Have Experience using modern kitchen equipment and techniques will be beneficial; Sous-Vide, Thermomix, Paco Jet, Dehydrators, Smokers
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- Must have experience at a 2/3 Rosette standard as a minimum, pastry experience ideal but not essential to be extensive.
- Have previous experience in a high quality fresh food kitchen
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
For further information about this position and many more please contact us or apply now.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bookachef who are operating as an employment agency and employment business in North Wales
Posted 29 days ago