Housing Support Worker - Wigan - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Housing Support Worker
Wigan - This Area Only
£9 - £12.21/hour
Unspecified (Full time)
Ashberry Recruitment are currently looking to recruit a Temporary Support Worker for a supported housing client in the Wigan area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide pro-active service and advice to service users who are homeless
* Conducting needs and risk assessments
* Develop individual support plan to meet individual risks the client faces
* Providing advocacy, emotional and practical support and information to service users including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance
* Manage a case load ensuring each Service User receives services appropriate to their individual needs. Contacting Service Users at regular intervals to ensure wellbeing and safety.
* Refer on and arrange meetings with other agencies/services as necessary, for instance, solicitors, police, social services, counselling, benefit agency
* Previous experience of supported accommodation is essential.
* Experience providing casework support to vulnerable clients, including crisis management and risk assessment.
* Knowledge and experience of providing a co-ordinated service with statutory and voluntary services available for the client group
* Enhanced DBS check
Full Time hours per week; which will involve working on a rota covering earlys and lates