PHP Developer - Dartford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Dartford, Kent, England
£28000 - £35000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
up to £35k DOE
We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer, who can write well-documented, object-oriented PHP. You will be a part of a small creative team that is responsible for all aspects of software development from design, through development, test and launch. You will join a motivated and enthusiastic team, offering fantastic learning and advancement opportunities. This is an-office based role for the first 3 months probation period, after successful completion you will be able work from home 2 days per week if desired.
Joining our client means getting involved with developments for large and small customers from around the world and offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills and progress your career. All their projects are different and require learning new skills, which will become part of your arsenal. They have their own lightweight framework, used by businesses for mobile workforce developments and bespoke frameworks for various SaaS developments. You won't just 'write code', you will contribute to the definition of a new generation of service.
Requirements for the role of PHP Developer;
* A professional, helpful and thorough attitude along with working knowledge of PHP, development tools & web methodologies
* 2+ years of developing PHP applications in a busy environment, ideally with multiple developers working together
* The ideal candidate should display an emphasis on lightweight, secure, reliable code without bloat and unnecessary libraries
* Experience with working with GIT as part of a team and understands the concepts/usage (merging, branching, rebasing, etc.)
* Willing to learn new technologies as required
* Thorough code documentation, completing timesheets and timely release-notes updates.
* PHP OOP (minimum 2 years of development (not just WordPress templates))
* Thorough working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/DOM
* Good understanding of MySQL including Queries, Foreign Keys & Indexing
* Competent in the use of GIT version control
* Familiar with WordPress and modern web workflows
* Understanding of Web APIs, both consumer & server
Nice to have
* React/React Native experience
* Comfortable with Linux CLI & Bash scripting
* Java or C++
* CI/CD & automated release concepts
Benefits for the role of PHP Developer include;
* Free On-site parking
* Regular pay reviews
* Private health (with option to add family members)
* Free Snacks and Drinks
* Flexible working hours and Overtime
* Contributed Pension
* Staff discounts on Technology items
* Training books, video and courses as/when applicable