Operations Manager - Andover | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Andover, Hampshire, England
£42500 - £50000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
We have a new exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Operations Manager to join a well-established, family-run SME based in Andover. As an Operations Manager you will manage and oversee orders through the production process to completed orders including dispatch. Someone who will effectively run the core of the operations looking after the scheduling through to dispatch and everything and everybody in the factory.
Key duties and responsibilities...
* Ensure continuity from initial order through to delivery
* Optimising Stores and transport operations to meet customer demand
* Management and Leadership of small team including production staff, welders, shot blaster/painter and sub-contract labour
* Supervise activities of workers to ensure that they are hands-on in order to promote hard-work, which is needed for successful deliveries and completion of production tasks to meet clients’ demands and deadlines
* Maintain and improve standard operating procedures.
* Create a safe working environment for employees by putting in place safety measures to prevent accident and complications that may arise during work. Also provide safety gear to employees for protection in the event of accidents
* Continually strive for improved efficiency, enhanced safety, full and effective optimisation of assets etc.
* Ensure the most efficient production sequence.
* Examine the use of and improve efficiency of Raw Material consumption
* A key member of the Management Team you will provide operational and functional support to the General Manager to ensure the site continues to meet customer and business demands in a safe, cost effective and profitable way
* Inspect goods to be delivered to ensure that they are in the right quantity and quality.
* Liaise with transportation companies to create a good working relationship to be able to strike good negotiations for transportation of goods, and to prevent hiccups that may arise
* Prepare for orders and deliveries as part of record keeping measures and evidence of transaction
* Help in recruiting competent and hardworking workers to carryout daily operations at the organization and put them through in discharging their duties
* Assign different responsibilities to workers to fasten the job and promote specialization and accountability.
* Evaluate transportation cost and other expenses and verify that they are not more than the amount charged to clients, to ensure that a positive account balance is left at the end of every transaction
* Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes
* Scheduling of all works and arranging transportation
* Working with the team to confirm schedules for production and dispatch dates.
* Chairing weekly operations meeting
* Implementing 'Lean' methodology to decrease waste, improve systems/processes and streamline overheads.
* Machine maintenance schedules are kept up to date
* Develop clear reporting structure (. who reports to who) and develop clear job function descriptions and expectations for operation roles
* Quarterly in-depth performance reviews
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
* Excellent organisation, man management and leaderships skills
* KPI driven Operations / Manufacturing or Production Manager with proven track record in mechanical engineering manufacturing and equipment rental environment
* Attention to detail
* Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
* Strong people management skills and experience developing direct reports using coaching and having the right people in the right seats
Hours- Monday- Friday -
* Salary- £42,500- £50,000 doe