Sea Ceptor System Verification Team Lead - Stevenage | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Sea Ceptor System Verification Team Lead
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic engineer to lead a team in the delivery of System level verification and certification across the Sea Ceptor programmes, which range from bids through to in-service plus the programmes themselves are diverse in nature including the full weapon system, a training solution and an operational analysis model.
The Verification Team Lead will need to be confident in managing crucial deliveries across multiple programmes; ensuring priorities are balanced across the team and adapting to changing circumstances. To succeed in this role a successful candidate will need to manage a wide range of external partners, including the UK customer
This is a chance to join an experienced team within a group that has wide-ranging responsibilities, which include performance assessment, safety studies and Requirement maintenance, giving the opportunity to broaden experience. There are also opportunities for involvement supporting UK firing trials.
What we're looking for
- Ability to engage and influence a wide range of external partners
- Previous experience of delivering design certification and/or trial clearance documentation
- People and/or task management experience (expected to develop during the role)
What's in it for you?
- Exposure to a wide range of internal and external partners
- Enhancing your influencing, negotiating and task management skills
- Opportunity to regularly engage with the Chief Engineer and MBDA Technical Excellence
- Learning about certification on a major naval weapon system
- Potential to develop your people management skills through team member management
- Opportunities to be overall lead of smaller contracts
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus scheme, superb learning and development opportunities and more….
Join a great team!
The team delivers an excellent product, which has been successfully installed on naval platforms around the world and will be delivering against three new recently signed contracts. You would be joining an experienced, supportive team with multiple contracts to deliver during an exciting phase of the Sea Ceptor project!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or reasonable adjustments.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.!