Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Saint Mellons | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Saint Mellons, Cardiff, Wales
£17.34/hour + annual bonus (10% of salary)
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently working in partnership with a Manufacturing Business based in Cardiff who are looking to employ a permanent Maintenance Engineer to support and maintain operations across all sites on breakdowns and preventive plant maintenance.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will have a strong understanding of both mechanical and electrical engineering concepts, to be able to perform maintenance and repairs to a variety of plant and machinery.
Maintenance Engineer Benefits
* £ hourly rate which includes shift allowance
* Yearly bonus up to 10% of annual salary (£3,600 for this position paid every April)
* 40 hours per week across two shift patterns Monday - Friday
* Working mornings 6am – 2pm and afternoons 2pm – 10pm on a rotating basis.
* Permanent, stable role within a growing organisation during an exciting period of expansion
* 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
* Contributory pension
* Free Parking
* Christmas Shutdown
* Progression opportunities available
Maintenance Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
* Support the engineering team by carrying out systematic tasks and continuous improvements to plant and machinery to improve existing manufacturing processes.
* Reactive maintenance and repair, working to undertake repairs as efficiently as possible in order to minimise downtime (both mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair)
* Troubleshooting any issues, fault finding and using diagnostic techniques
* Performing inspection and servicing of the manufacturing equipment as required
* Use initiative to identify areas that will improve the production performance, line utilisation and focus on reducing scrap levels.
* Provide maintenance support regarding projects.
* Perform housekeeping duties in the engineering environment during any slack time.
* Will work in line with the Health and Safety requirements at all times.
* Carry out testing on fire alarm systems on a weekly basis.
* Support and maintain operations across all sites relating to breakdowns and preventive plant maintenance.
Maintenance Engineer Essential Experience/Qualifications
* Experience working as a multi-skilled engineer or technician, with both Mechanical and Electrical knowledge
* Qualification in Engineering equivalent with NVQ/City and Guilds Level 3 or HNC/HND
* Experience of performing diagnostics/fault finding and repairs
* Experience within a Manufacturing Environment is essential
* Knowledge of welding and fabrication
* Understanding of engineering circuit schematics
* Attention to detail
* Ability to offer flexibility, due to shift patterns
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency