Glazing Service - United Kingdom - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Glazing Service Engineer
United Kingdom - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
We are seeking a reliable and skilled Glazing Service Engineer to join our team based in Farlington. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £26, per annum plus benefits.
Mountjoy provides professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance, and facilities management services across the south of England. We work with both public and private sector clients across Hampshire, Sussex, Surrey, Dorset, and the Isle of Wight.
Over the past 28 years, we have grown steadily to a turnover of circa £33m and have established ourselves as one of the most open, honest, and versatile companies in the industry, which is reflected in our long-term client relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction.
We believe that the most integral part of our business is our people. Our staff operate with the highest standard of professionalism in all aspects of their day-to-day work, reflecting our company values and our ethos: ‘Integrity, built-in’. Our mission is to develop and encourage our staff to achieve exemplary results within their role. In order to achieve this, we offer our people a wide range of training and development opportunities, as well as the following benefits:
- 23 Days Holiday
- Life Assurance
As our Glazing Service Engineer, you will undertake responsive and routine repairs and void repairs to Portsmouth City Council’s (PCC) Housing and Corporate Assets stock, and from time to time, support other maintenance contracts as required when demand requires.
Key responsibilities of the Glazing Service Engineer include:
- Being accountable for the quality of workmanship, method used to affect the repair, safety of yourself and those around whilst the repair is undertaken, and safe disposal of waste
- Having the right tools for the trade(s) you perform at all times
- Always protecting the tenants’ property before starting the work and leave the property clean and tidy having completed the work
- Remaining polite & professional at all times if a tenant becomes difficult, and if needed request support from your supervisor or foreman
- Owning your allocated job through to completion, ensuring the agreed process (value steps) of the repair are being followed
- Being responsible for the repair and the decisions made to affect the repair by following PLAN
- Ensuring your Van is clean and tidy with ease of access to tools, equipment, and van stock at all times
- Embracing the Mountjoy ethos of “Integrity, built-in - doing the right thing even when no one is looking”
The required skills and qualifications for the Glazing Service Engineer role:
- 2-5 years’ proven work history in the glazing trade
- A full driving licence
- Knowledge of the materials and methods used in the building and maintenance industry
- The prerequisite technical, statutory and legislative knowledge for the trades you perform
- Experience of working in a Social Housing or Building Maintenance environment preferred
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Glazing Service Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Mountjoy are an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme. We are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association