Maintenance Technician - Spennymoor | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Spennymoor, County Durham, England
Permanent (Full time)
1. Assist the Operations Manager with the smooth running of the maintenance and engineering support services, including maintenance of the plant utilities (. steam, compressed air generation, water circulation systems), and also hydraulic/pneumatic manufacturing processes and electronic/micro-processor-controlled moulding presses
2. Maintain plant equipment and machinery to a high standard using planned maintenance programs and relevant systems.
3. Maintain boilers, compressors, hydraulic units, control valves, pre-expanders, water system vales and all plant equipment.
4. Needs to be able to perform simple repairs with gas, electrical and welding etc.
5. Must complete daily routine maintenance/inspections and completed repairs as required according to quality standards.
6. Complete a monthly stock check and order spares as required
7. Complete all duties allocated in the work schedule.
8. Have knowledge of expansion process along with hydraulics, pneumatics, steam systems and maintenance programmes etc.
9. Knowledge of fault finding, component replacement, guarding systems, motor testing and replacing
10. Support plant start-up shut downs and deal with any break downs appropriately.
11. Assist the Plant Engineer with the security of the site, including buildings, plant and equipment
12. Assist the Operations Manager with compliance to our corporate services requirements including ISO IATF 16949 and Health & Safety Management Systems
13. To complete 12 improvement projects and present them in a professional way along with tracking any savings and proving out the improvement is/has worked.
14. Communicate all issues and keep all departments informed of all activities.
15. Carry out the service programme to a high level, with thought put into pre-service inspection and the quality of the report.
1. Report all issues to the correct person and use the correct systems and paperwork provided.
2. Attend regular (monthly) meetings to discuss projects, improvements and changes etc.
3. Complete any job sheets and provide information to the technical team leader at the end of every shift.
4. Communicate with all departments and the Operations Manager following any work completed so they all know if something has been fixed, use the appropriate methods.
1. You will need to complete the relevant training required and complete yearly competency tests to maintain your status on the skills matrix.
2. You will need to attend any training the company feels is required to maintain your skills level or due to updates and changes to the business or equipment.
1. All areas which you work in are your responsibility to keep tidy and must always be under control.
2. You must control your working environment and carryout 5’s inspections to keep the standards high.
Health & Safety
1. Never risk take, always keeping safety as the main priority.
2. Always follow the safety procedures.
3. Record any near misses.
4. Using the correct tools and techniques you need to be able to perform firm/strong grasping on a frequent basis and be able to push, pull, and lift up to 25 kilos.
5. Assist the plant engineer in making sure no equipment on site is unsafe and all relevant repair work and checks have been completed.
6am - 2pm, 10pm-6am, 2pm-10pm
Must be flexible as can be needed to work any shift, as well as weekend work