Transport Planner - Milton Keynes - This Area Only | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Milton Keynes - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
I am sourcing for an experienced Transport Planner to join a leading Logistics company based in Milton Keynes. You will be overseeing all aspects of the distribution and despatch process, including customer service and administration.
This role offers a competitive salary and you must be able to work 4 on 4 off basis.
Transport Planner Key Responsibilities:
* Maintenance and management of the Transport Management System
* Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
* Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner.
* Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with transport legislation, company policy and Health & Safety legislation.
* Managing Driver hours, WTD rules.
* To carry out investigations or incident reports in relation to any vehicle incidents when necessary.
* Ensure all agency drivers are inducted correctly and compliance is monitored..
* Manage driver briefing / de-briefing including downloading driver digicards.
* Co-ordinate drivers including managing holiday and sickness cover.
* Query investigation and resolution.
* Preparing and submitting various KPI reports.
* Record, monitor & be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency.
* Writing and issuing of any driver procedures and site processes.
* Cross functional interaction (Warehouse / Drivers or Contractors / Customers).
* Undertake any other duties that are reasonably requested.
The Transport Planner will have:
* Good communication skills are essential with the ability to express empathy with customers
* Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
* Experience resolving disputes in a fair and calm manner and be able to identify issues
* Planning or scheduling experience
* Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety.
* Knowledge of transport systems