Course Coordinator - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
32000.0000 - 36000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Course Coordinator
Reporting to: Academic Director
Subject Area Business & Management
Human Resource Management
Marketing and Social media
Finance and Accounting
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 per annum (DOE)
Hours: 40 hours per week spread over 5 days (Monday - Saturday)
UK College of Business and Computing (UKCBC) is an established provider of Higher Education. The College currently operates from 4 campuses across London and has a growing student population.
UKCBC has recently embarked on the partnership with the University of West London to deliver a variety of academic programmes.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team and we are looking for Course Coordinators who are capable of leading the course and of supporting the programme and partnership expansion. We are looking for course coordinators to cover the following levels:
- To provide successful leadership of a programme or suite of programmes, leading to high student achievement and high levels of student satisfaction.
- To lead the development of the programme(s) by monitoring and actively enhancing academic standards, taking account of sector trends, stakeholder perspectives, NSS and DLHE results.
- To undertake regular monitoring of module performance, student progression and annual programme review.
- Where appropriate, to lead activity in relation to accreditations with professional bodies and preparations for external quality inspections and reviews.
- To work with administrative colleagues and the Academic Director to ensure that an appropriate timetable is prepared and staffed.
- To work close with the Academic Director to manage the work of academic staff who deliver the programme(s).
- To support Academic Director in relation to annual and periodic review and contribute to the enhancement of existing and development and planning of new awards within the college.
- To work closely with partnership colleagues to ensure seamless provision and adherence to partner policies and regulations, where appropriate.
- Ensuring timely assessment and feedback to students.
- Supervise student projects and dissertations.
- Provide learning support and studies advice to students, including maintaining e-learning resources.
- Contribute to personal professional development programme sessions.
- Module leadership
- Undertake internal moderation and other quality assurance requirements.
- Engage in scholarship as required to support teaching activities and continually update knowledge.
- Participate in staff development activities and the peer observation scheme.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the management team in order to meet specific academic and administrative requirements.
- Qualified to Master’s degree level
- Relevant teaching experience on UK degree programmes level 6
- Significant experience of module leadership and assessment design
- Teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards completion
- Experience in curriculum design and evaluation
- Network with relevant employers and industry sector
- PhD or Professional Doctorate in a relevant subject
- Experience as course or programme leader
- Experience teaching Pearson qualifications
- Experience of teaching at level 7