Savings Hub Assistant / Administrative Support / Admin
£16020 - £17040 per annum
Job Title: Savings Hub Assistant
Location: Nelson, Lancashire
Salary: £16,020 £17,040 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Perm (Day Shift including Saturday mornings on a rota)
The Company pride themselves on doing whats right for their members and mortgage intermediaries and are constantly evolving their thinking around their customer voice to deliver a fantastic service and product range.
The Company is not afraid to be innovative and analytical in their approach, so youll be their customers tell them that they are friendly, trusted and reliable. They pride themselves on highly personal service, contactable staff and the ability to make a difference to all their members.
Being part of a valued team you will have a varied role dealing with a number of different savings related issues, dont worry full training will be given with the option for developing your knowledge further through professional qualifications.
What are they looking for?
An ability to provide excellent customer service is essential alongside a passion to do more and enjoy both the challenges and rewards that come from these interactions.
They are looking for their next team members to have a good standard of general education, be aware of Society policy and products, industry regulation, good communication skills, dealing with queries, problem solving and have a willingness to work some Saturday mornings.
You will be responsible for:
- Process notifications of death ensuring paperwork is in order and fund paid to the authorised beneficiary
- Process Power of Attorney and Court of Protection notifications ensuring paperwork is in order and executed correctly
- Process ISA transfers (in and out) accurately and within regulatory timescales
- Cheque administration includes stopping, cancelling, reissuing cheques and dealing with unpaid cheques
- Process online savings account requesting account opening and transacting
- Calculate interest adjustments
- Issue savings maturity packs and follow up with telephone call to secure outcome
- Carry out new account checks to ensure data is accurate and complies with legislation
- Carry out change form checks to ensure all requests have been correctly authorised and then process
- Deal with daily queries relating to savings administration from both internal and external stakeholders
Balancing and Reconciliation
- Reconcile frontline transactions and submit return to Finance
- Reconcile all bank transfer payments and submit return to Finance, identify any rejected payments and arrange to return
- Process and verify standing order, direct debit and adhoc bacs payments on a daily basis
- Reconcile and verify all scheduled payments relating to capitalisation and/or transfer of interest of interest
Keep up to date
- Understand and be able to explain how each savings product operates
- Have up to date knowledge of Society process and procedures relating to savings account administration
- Have a general awareness of FCA, PRA, HMRC, Money Laundering and Data Security
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- O level standard or GCSE English & Maths grades A to C or Scottish standard grades or equivalent experience
- Ability to plan and organise own work
- Meticulous attention to detail to enable the department to fulfil its business assurance function
- To work to the highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in the carrying out all tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written & verbally)
- Evidence of effective listening skills to identify appropriate customer needs
- Extensive knowledge of the societys products and services along with a good knowledge of the financial service industry
- An up to date knowledge and implementation of all internal procedures and policies
- Excellent knowledge of industry regulation including BCOBS, Payment Services Regulations 2009, Data Protection Act, FSCS rules, Money Laundering, Data Security and HMRC regulations
- Desirable but not essential previous experience working in a customer service environment
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the following benefits:
- Starting salary between £16,020 £17,040 p.a.
- Additional remuneration linked to organisational performance
- Hours available on a Saturday at Saturday rate
- 23 days holiday which increase on length of service plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply health level 1 cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Lifeworks benefits and wellbeing app
- Free parking
- Monday to Thursday alternating between 8:30am 4:30pm & 9:30pm 5:30pm
- Fridays are 9:00pm 5:00pm
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that CVs without a covering letter will not be considered
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Administrator, Office Assistant, General Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Support, Sales Administrator, Sales Admin, Customer Support, Office Admin, Office Associate, Customer Services Executive, Officer Administrator, Customer Service Representative, Client Service, Business Support Assistant, Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Team Administrator, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Administrator, General Admin, Customer Support, Business Support will also be considered for this role.
Posted 25 days ago