Network and Infrastructure Engineer - East London | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Network and Infrastructure Engineer - Cyber Security
East London, Greater London, England
65000.0000 - 70000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Network & Infrastructure Engineer -Cyber Security
We are a global media and entertainment business. Operating with digital and physical, blending the virtual and real, Outernet will deliver emotive, multi-sensory audience impact at scale. We represents the future of connected culture and retail: our network is home to the largest, most advanced digital screens in the world, alongside breath taking modular POS and event spaces.
Our first district, launches in October 2021. With more than 400k visitors accessing extraordinary brand launches, product drops, live events, co-created content, celebrity endorsements and a world-class programme of exhibitions. This is great opportunity to be part of a truly unique company and experience.
Outline of Role
The purpose of the Network & Infrastructure Engineer role is to provide expert support to the range of business, landlord and media-related network infrastructure. The role will support the Network & Infrastructure Manager as well as working closely with Property and Facilities teams, and Outernet’s Event Operations to deliver a best in class level of service across the our district.
This person will work as part of the IT Infrastructure team, and will be expected to undertake a range of infrastructure duties in addition to providing advice and guidance.
• Ensure all aspects of Life Cycle Management are planned and delivered on a continual basis
• Contribute to continuous improvement through effective problem resolution. Design, install, test and deliver improvements to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of "zero effort maintenance"
• Act as an emergency 24x7 critical issue point for incidents/problems
The skills that successful candidate with possess will include:
• a minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant experience within a high profile commercial environment
• hands on strong technical experience
• strong Windows Server (in particular Server 2012 onwards)
• ability to establish and maintain appropriate cyber / information security standards, policies and controls aligned to the ISO27001 standard
• conduct regular reviews and manage penetration tests to challenge our systems, identify vulnerabilities and perform remedial actions to mitigate identified risks, including the commissioning of penetration and other tests from third parties
• work alongside the Chief Technical Office & Head of Networks & Infrastructure to review and update the relevant information security policies
• advise on the use of best practice through support & assessments of security risks and advise on appropriate control methods
• good knowledge of the various Linux platforms
• strong networking skills especially around Cisco hardware (switches, routers & firewalls). A solid understanding of CiscoIOS with regards to switches, routers & firewalls (including NGFW)
• excellent awareness of infrastructure security especially around firewalls including IDS/IPS
• good working knowledge of WLANs in particular CiscoMeraki
• good working knowledge of virtualisation both on premises and in the cloud
If you feel you’re interested in the role and up for working for a truly unique and exciting company please do get in contact ASAP!