Operations Manager - Sheffield | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Advanced Supply Chain are coming to South Yorkshire and we’re looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager to join our team!
This is a great time to join as we are opening a brand-new site in South Yorkshire and you will have the opportunityas Operations Manager to play a key role in building your team and growing our purpose-built site. You will have responsibility for the efficient running of the Operations departments and delivering service excellence for our high profile retail customers.
Advanced Supply Chain Group
Our People solve problems using technology, skills and knowledge to provide intelligent supply chain solutions for our customers.
We offer a complete end to end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment and value added services, allowing our customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today’s technology-enabled marketplace. Using our unique intelligent supply chain model, we design innovative solutions to complex challenges, unlock new opportunities, and speed up and streamline existing processes by removing complexity from the supply chain. It all adds up to providing a service that is "Better, Faster, Cheaper" than our competitors.
The key responsibilities of our role include:
- Manage daily operation for the customer contracts ensuring accuracy and daily KPI’s are achieved
- Analyse daily performance indicators, encourage awareness and drive performance improvements
- Manage planning, production processes, equipment and resource in accordance with company expectations and values
- Lead and support the management of People resources in the Operations team
- Control stock and respond to warehouse queries
- Develop, implement, and review Standard Operating Procedures for all processes
- Lead, manage, develop and coach the People Manager team
- Maintain high standards of quality, a safe working environment and compliance at all times
- Manage absence and attrition to achieve daily labour rate
What we need from you?
- Experience of leading teams in fast paced 3PL environment
- Manage a warehouse, logistics and production environment, demonstrating knowledge and application of best practice techniques
- Capability to work under pressure and make decisions in an evolving environment
- High degree of accountability and excellent team management skills
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety and safeguarding
- Understanding and application of HR policies and processes
- Knowledge of both closed book and open book operations
- Manage performance and develop team
- Motivator with high energy and enthusiasm
- Customer focus, drive for results in a team and ability to take ownership
- Data and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator and ability to manage key stakeholders
- Team player who brings together people to deliver excellent results
- Experience of Green belt, lean and six sigma is preferred
- IOSH Managing Safely qualified
What you will get in return
Access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include, bonus, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, online discounts, learning and development opportunities to fulfil your potential in the role and develop your career at Advanced.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in a growing business and make a difference. You won't find another job like the one you'll find with Advanced Supply Chain.
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.