£26.5k per year
Web Designer - £26,500 p/a - Cardiff, UK
We are looking for a talented and creative Web Designer to join our close-knit team in Cardiff. As a Web Designer you will work within our build team in Cardiff to design and create high quality responsive websites for major sports tournaments and organisations. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and career in a rapidly growing and dynamic company.
You will have a natural flair for design and UX and a keen eye for visual detail. You will provide mood boards, fuller designs and style guides for our clients and your colleagues. You will join an exciting and dynamic team with a strong focus on continuous improvement and optimization, taking an innovative content-led approach to web design.
The key responsibilities of a Web Designer include, but are not limited to:
- Providing scalable, mobile-first designs for responsive websites
- Creating mood boards/element collages for customer approval
- Working with the build team to prototype websites and create wireframes
- Creating style guides within PatternLab
- Presenting designs to colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Suggesting suitable tools and software to support the design and build process
- Advising colleagues on design principles and trends
Sotic is an award-winning provider of professional sports websites and other web-based solutions to a wide range of sports clients, including clubs, tournaments and governing bodies. We deliver a high-availability infrastructure, supporting websites and services for large sporting events that attract over 60,000 unique visitors a minute during peak times.
Our key market differentiation is our knowledge base, integrated analytics, multi-platform delivery and above all our commitment to providing world-class support to all our customers. Our growth has been achieved by having a laser-focus on this industry and developing practical solutions which can meet any sport's unique day-to-day needs.
The key skills and qualities of a Web Designer:
- 2+ years of experience in web design, with solid understanding and knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of atomic design principles; and has good knowledge of Photoshop, In-Browser Design, Figma (or similar)
- Experience of wireframing and prototyping
- Strong design and conceptual ideation abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a team and able to meet deadlines in a team environment
- Enjoy working collaboratively and be eager to learn and evolve
- Resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
Experience of working with PatternLab, Figma and atomic design is highly desirable.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Posted 40 days ago