ILS Engineer - Merley | Zoek UK | e1cc84
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Merley, Poole, England
Permanent (Full time)
Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for an ILS Engineer.
Sitting with in the ILS Team, the functions of this role are:
* The ILS Engineer will typically work within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) and will contribute to the performance of the IPT to ensure that the required programme performance and delivery expectations are met or exceeded.
* The ILS Engineer shall employ the appropriate ILS discipline processes, practices and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements and discipline quality.
* Application of, and compliance with, Cobham engineering processes and practices including the Standard Operating Framework – Engineering (SOF-E), Cobham Delivery Framework (CDF), specific contract and regulatory requirements.
* They ILS Engineer will engage with all aspects of supportability (maintainability, material supply support, support and test equipment development, manpower, training support, technical data/publications, resources, facilities, packaging, handling, storage and transportation).
This role is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As an ILS Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Experienced Integrated Logistics Support Engineer.
* Experience in the creation, configuration and management of LSAR, CSDB and Initial Provisioning databases with abilities in the application of SQL, including PL/SQL.
* Experience in producing support data for Defence and/or commercial aerospace markets.
* Practical experience and knowledge of the VMetric spare parts optimization model.
* Expertise in Reliability Engineering and RCM.
* Experience in working with the industry software including: the iLog suite; EAGLE LSAR; Omega PS; Arbortext CSDB and Provisioning Manager; Framemaker and Arbortext Editor (Epic) for the production of both SGML and XML DMs.
* Ability to deliver tasks in accordance with Def Stan 00-60, AECMA (ASD) S1000D and S2000M.
* Abilities with all standard MS Office applications, in particular Excel and Access.
* Ability to provide time and cost saving solutions by utilising various scripting methods including: PowerShell, VBS, Java, VBA, ActiveX and DOS batch files.
* Knowledge of Aerospace Standards and Specifications:
* DEF STAN 00-60/600 and JSP886; DEF STANs 00-40/42/44; MIL STD 1388-1/2A/2B; MIL STD 1629A; MIL STD 2165; MIL HDBK 471A; MIL HDBK 472; MIL STD 785; MIL STD 756; MIL STD 470; Def Stan 00-250 and MIL-STD-1472; ASD Specifications 1000D/2000M; ATA Specifications MSG-3, 300, 2000, iSpec 2200.
As an ILS Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Logistic Support Analysis, compilation and maintenance of support data sets in an LSAR.
* Level of Repair & Maintenance Task Analysis.
* Maintenance Programme generation & Life Cycle Cost modelling.
* Initial Provisioning Data compilation (Spare Parts & Equipment).
* Recommended Spare Parts Recommendations (including spares optimisation).
* Definition and support to development of Through Life Support capability across project teams.
* Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools.
* Close working with engineering disciplines (inc design, reliability, publications, training)
* Collaboration with IPT members to address project requirements.
* Contribute to business winning technical proposals.
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
If successful, you will be required to pass a criminal record check and a security clearance