Solr Contractor - Cargo Fleet | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cargo Fleet, Middlesbrough, England
Permanent (Full time)
CV-Library is one of the leading job boards in the UK, attracting over 10 million monthly visits and boasting a CV database of over 15 million UK workers. This is why we are the job board of choice for over 10,000 customers who are looking to hire the best talent for their business. Our brand Resume-Library is on the of the fastest growing job boards in North America and we have ambitious plans for further global expansion.
Search and matching are both instrumental to the success of our business and have been key to the growth of our brands over the past 20 years. There is nothing more important for us than our ability to serve up highly relevant jobs and candidate matches to our users, across our website, mobile app and email, enhancing both jobseeker and recruiter experiences.
Due to the continued expansion of our team, we are looking for an Apache Solr/Search Consultant to be responsible for the design, delivery and improvements to our existing Solr capabilities and, to implement quality search solutions under limited guidance that can make a demonstrable difference to our business and our users.
· Work closely with cross-discipline team members from the definition of functional and non-functional requirements through to the ongoing operational support.
· Work closely with the delivery teams to design and evolve our search solutions.
· Guide and support the Development and Operations team to follow Solr best practice
· Provide and maintain a structural/architectural view of our technical search capability
· Implement effective Solr schema, indexing, configuration and collection changes to support high volume multi core searches across multiple Solr instances.
· Contribute to the effective design and build of defined Solr features that can contribute to our websites searching and matching at scale.
· Investigate and fix bugs, write automated unit tests, and maintain documentation
· Setting up and configuring multiple SOLR cores under Linux environment, indexing of unstructured data.
Experience and Qualifications
· Strong hands-on experience Apache Solr and related search and database technology
· Expertise in Solr Collection sharding/replication, failover, fault tolerance, high availability.
· Knowledge of the use of search to rank and promoting search results and facet searches, pivot facet, stats, boost, filter queries etc.
· Understanding of various software related technology (Java, JVM, SQL, Database, Big Query, AWS RDS, Python, Docker)
· Broad exposure with Big Data platforms and operating them reliably at volume and scale.
· Good understanding of agile development. Modern software development, and continuous integration/deployment best practice
· Good in depth understanding of Linux, software debugging tools and performance tuning!