Support Worker - Burrs | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Burrs, Bury, England
£8.91 - £9.11/hour
Permanent (Full time)
Are you passionate about care but want to be able to spend more time with your service users? If so, why not work for Stepping Stones Services as a Support Worker.
We are looking for experienced support workers for our Services in and around the BURY area.
*As a support worker you will be supporting individuals with a range of different needs and disabilities to live as independently as possible. We support individuals with mental health, learning disabilities, autism, physical disabilities, dual diagnosis and additional needs.
Your role will be varied, no two days will be the same. There will be ongoing training and development opportunities for all staff and the support to progress.
Your support will be to offer;
* Take part in helping individuals to draw up their Person-Centred Plan and follow the agreed plan.
* Support individuals to develop and maintain relationships
* Support individuals to make informed choices around a healthy lifestyle.
* Support individuals to meet their holistic needs.
* Provide support with accessing the community, in accordance with the individuals wishes identified in their Person-Centred Plan.
* Support individuals with managing finances to meet domestic responsibilities and personal aspirations.
* Provide advice, support and prompting with domestic tasks.
* Support individuals to access other services.
* Support individuals to maintain the safety and security of their home.
This may include assistance in any or all of the following areas; Bathing, Dressing, Mobility, Oral Hygiene, Supporting people with their continence needs. This may require the use of a hoist or additional aid.
There are great opportunities to develop a career in Health and Social Care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have a Training Scheme.
Stepping Stones Services is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening. This includes checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Please note, a driving license is not mandatory but preferred due to the nature of the position available. If you are willing to travel around Greater Manchester via public transport then this role is also suitable for you