Volunteer Coordinator - Evesham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Evesham, Worcestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Salary: £23' per annum
Rocasa Consulting is recruiting for a Volunteer Coordinator working with a Housing Association in Evesham. The purpose of the role is to ensure that a good provision of trained volunteers is available to support individuals and community groups and work with the Supported Housing team to enhance and promote support services to customers by placing volunteers to help clubs, activities, and fundraising events
* Promote and champion the role of volunteers, both internally and externally, so that they are respected and valued for their contribution to the organisation.
* Recruit and place volunteers to help clubs, activities, fundraising events, and the promotion of support services to ensure the provision of volunteers to support individuals and groups.
* Prepare Volunteer Agreements at commencement of their role, ensuring that these are in place and up to date, with volunteers aware of their obligations under the Volunteering Policy and Code of Conduct.
* Manage performance and ensure all operate within agreed policies and procedures, exhibiting the company values and behaviours.
* Ensure the volunteers are engaged and motivated through consistent and effective communication, and by implementing promotional awards and incentive schemes that recognise volunteer commitment.
* Continually assess volunteer activities making sure tasks are assigned and carried out.
* Effectively select individuals for a variety of volunteer duties and evaluate annually to ensure improved volunteer programmes.
* Act as a liaison between volunteers and external agencies, local authorities, corporate sponsors, and other relevant partners.
* Coordinate networking and training to provide volunteers with in-person opportunities to strengthen their knowledge, skills, and association with the organisation.
* Prepare effective volunteer rotas ensuring these meet the needs of the Supported Housing service.
* Effectively manage volunteer budgets in accordance with agreed policy and procedures, ensuring value for money.
* To work with the Partnership and Funding Coordinator to apply for funding from various sources to enhance the volunteering programme.
* Develop and maintain monitoring and evaluation systems, produce statistics, case studies and reports as required, and use the evaluation findings to develop and improve services to customers.
* Contribute to decision making in relation to improving the volunteer strategy.
Share information with colleagues on customers requiring intervention(s) and/or causing concern, ensuring that emerging needs and issues are resolved or referred to specialist agencies.
* Carry out risk assessments for all relevant activities (in compliance with Rooftop’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures).
* Full UK Drivers Licence (less than 6 points)
* GSCE in Maths & English, Grade C and above
* Experience in delivering services using volunteers
* IT literate in Microsoft Office software
* No cautions or convictions within the last 3 years